Release Pcsx-Rearmed

thanks for the great emulator, i do have one question - im missing a mini readme which explains what keys i can use for example how to savestate/load a game etc

Prometheus said:
Unfortunately, I've had to drop back to R6 for the moment, due to the memory card issue.

Is this a Hotfix 5 issue? I'm still on HF4 and I haven't had this with R7

Last edited by a moderator:
^ It doesn't seem to affect all games, so I didn't notice it at first - I don't know if it's related to Hotfix 5 or not (though I am indeed using Hotfix 5). It doesn't happen with R6 on Hotfix 5, though.

No it's not HF5 specific: I'm on HF4 and I get it on some games too.
Sometimes if I load up the bios, or some other game that works, then change to a non-working game, then it starts working.

I have the same problem with the memory cards in breath o fire 3, what I have found is that if I simply restart the game, it finds the cards. Can people test if this happens in other games swell.

By the way Notaz thanks for the work.

I was tracking the issue over the night (couldn't sleep otherwise) and it's translation cache invalidation issue, some writes were not trapped and old code was being executed (my own fault as usual). Strangely games are still working due to (bad) luck, it would be better if they just crashed and I would have found this earlier.

notaz said:
I was tracking the issue over the night (couldn't sleep otherwise) and it's translation cache invalidation issue, some writes were not trapped and old code was being executed (my own fault as usual). Strangely games are still working due to (bad) luck, it would be better if they just crashed and I would have found this earlier.

Now that's dedication (although I think I'd rather you sleep)! Thanks for finding this.

David Bowman said:
notaz said:

Now that's dedication (although I think I'd rather you sleep)! Thanks for finding this.
This is why Notaz is the best around, and his EMU's are among the best in this, or any other gaming community, PERIOD!

Chris

jumpman said:
This is why Notaz is the best around, and his EMU's are among the best in this, or any other gaming community, PERIOD!
I wish there were more people like notaz in my office. No one seems to fucking have any pride in their work anymore.

r7 and HF5 here, seems to have somewhat good improvments in performance.
I now have about 50fps in CTR during a race; it was more 35/40 or so with previous version (r4 iirc)

I've got a quick question for the Pcsx-Rearmed users out there. My Pandora has been gone since version 2, and is due back tommorow, so I would like to know what is the standard clock speed that most of you use currently? Do many games run well at 500? Do I need to bump it up to 700-800 to get the best performance?

I last used 800 myself in r2, and most games stuttered and had hiccups at that speed. I know many improvements have been made by the Mighty Notaz so I was just wondering what the standard setting is for most.

Chris

For me, I use 750MHz for PCSX ReARMed. The maximum my Pandora can go to is 850MHz, but clocking it to this makes it crash-happy because PCSX ReARMed uses NEON stuff - don't go to your Pandora's maximum, stay down from that by a bit. Every game I have seems to be full-speed this way, although I do leave frameskip on just in case it's needed at some point.

yeah im on 750MHz too. ive not tried switching around the audio or graphics plugins to see if anything works better but so far i gave Metal Gear Solid a go and the only problem i had was during codec conversations there was some graphical distortion patterns in the areas usually black. sound seemed fine. crash bandicoot ran pretty flawlessly. final fantasy VII worked well but had a few slowdown, audio also fine.

ultimately i think the improvements have been huge and very noticeable.

Thanks Gals/Guys! I'll set it to 750, and go from there. I just saw Mupen64 got a new update that fixes a lot of games that crashed before. Man I'm gonna be super busy for the next few days :lol:

Chris

I seem to be getting issues with music in Strider 2 (NTSC) in r7.

Starting a game or level, the music starts and you get a second or two of music continually repeating. I thought it was stutter originally due to too slow emulation, but it appears to happen even at 60fps sections.

So should I just go with r6 instead of r7 due to the current memory card issue? Or does r7 run more games better overall? I can always use save states in r7 anyway right?

My Pandora should be here later today, and I'm super busy Ebaying today, so maybe Notaz will get a fix out for that issue before I need it ;)

Chris

Not every game seems to be affected by the memory card issue. r7 is generally much better overall, and I tend to run my games at 600mhz with frameskip on unless they demonstrate that they need more. 700 is a good bump for most of those that do.

Back