Pcsx4All V2 Released

CKeichel said:
ruffnutts said:
BTW - what speeds are people getting on Wip3out 2097, I`ve noticed using interlace pagressive setting gives a nice speed increase
With almost not graphical change, this works on Crash Bandicoot aswell

ruffnutts ;)

Nice, the progressive mode works fine in every game I tried, the only thing is, you have to set FS to 0.

WipeOut2097 gets a nice boost (Ram Tweaks On, 800 MHz, I get to 84% from 78%, HLE AUTO) at the start of a Race, the problem is, WipeOut2097 needs CPU Bias 0, otherwise it runs to slow, even, when it shows 100% (look at the time counter).

I set the bias to auto, is that what you mean by 0?

Last edited by a moderator:
ruffnutts said:
CKeichel said:
ruffnutts said:
BTW - what speeds are people getting on Wip3out 2097, I`ve noticed using interlace pagressive setting gives a nice speed increase

ruffnutts ;)

Nice, the progressive mode works fine in every game I tried, the only thing is, you have to set FS to 0.

WipeOut2097 gets a nice boost (Ram Tweaks On, 800 MHz, I get to 84% from 78%, HLE AUTO) at the start of a Race, the problem is, WipeOut2097 needs CPU Bias 0, otherwise it runs to slow, even, when it shows 100% (look at the time counter).

I set the bias to auto, is that what you mean by 0?

No, sorry, typo, I meant Bias set to 1. If you set it to Auto, the game runs definitely to slow, check the time counter, it should run in realtime, but with CPU BIAS set to AUTO and aproximately 70% speed, it counts so slow, that it wouldn't be realtime, by 100% (was this understandable? It's hard to explain)

Mortal Kombat Trilogy runs amazingly well. Very excited about this emulator. Let's see how well Street Fighter Alpha 3 works.

BTW, here's an exhaustive list of 2D games (which run quite well with this emulator) for the playstation. http://www.digitpress.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-54374.html

EDIT: SFA3 has problems. It can't be played on HLE because it never gets past the
Checking Memory Card..." screen. Playing on BIOS works, and the game runs at about 70% speed.

ruffnutts said:
Ok I`m goner try this - I thought I had it quite good lol

Yeah, it seemed nearly fullspeed, but then I tried it out on a PC-Emulator and saw how fast it should be running :)

@ CKeichel I find setting cpu clock to 50% and Bias auto its fast check it out

WipeOut 2097 NTSC

Caanoo Clock 800Mhz
Ram Tweaks On
Frame - Limit Off
Frame - Skip 0
Interlace Progressive
Sound On (Basic) only because this dont have the music, stript down Image
CPU Clock 50%
CPU Bias Auto
CPU Core HLE
CPU Type Software
Auto - Save Off
No Game Fixes

ruffnutts

ruffnutts said:
@ CKeichel I find setting cpu clock to 50% and Bias auto its fast check it out

WipeOut 2097 NTSC

Caanoo Clock 800Mhz
Ram Tweaks On
Frame - Limit Off
Frame - Skip 0
Interlace Progressive
Sound On (Basic) only because this dont have the music, stript down Image
CPU Clock 50%
CPU Bias Auto
CPU Core HLE
CPU Type Software
Auto - Save Off
No Game Fixes

ruffnutts

I tried this settings too, you can easily measure how much to slow the game runs with this settings.
Just start a race and then do nothing, the speed, PCSX4All shows is 50/50 (on a PAL image) and 100%.
The time counter starts at 50 and counts to 0. In the real hardware or in a fullspeed emulation, it takes 50 seconds to reach 0, in PCSX4All, it takes 79 seconds (at least when I use the settings you mentioned).
You can see from this, that even, when the emulator shows you 100%, it is running at approximately 75%.

ruffnutts said:
ok cool - so post your settings ;)

Unfortunately, there are no settings, that give you more than 75%. If the Frameskip would be working as in 2D emulators, you could easily compensate the remaining 25% with skipping a few frames, but as far as I understand it, this isn't possible in a 3D emulator (I am not technically skilled enough to understand or explain why, so if this is wrong, somebody correct me).
So the only possible way to speed things up would be, if Chui and Franxis manage it to improve the performance of the emulator in general. At least as far as I see it.

Can anyone confirm this but in rhapsody A musical adventure I get no response from the controls. It's a shame because it worked well in the beta.

Final Fantasy VI PAL also runs well if you use HLE-Secure, bit of pointless, cause it's the same as the SNes version, but it has some nice Rendervideos.

ruffnutts said:
@ qbertaddict tempest x3 works great for me ;)

Also I use autorun.gpu to boot straight into pcsx4all from switch on because I use a separate SD card...

ruffnutts ;)
How long did you play it for? It locks up as soon as you get the AI droid. It plays fine until then. It locks up no matter what settings. The game works fine on the previous builds so it is not my image.

It doesnt lockup if I disable frameskip. Framskip does not cause it to lockup on the previous versions.

Ghanji said:
aho said:
Kula World runs a lot better now, but the textures on some of the 3d models are broken now. Coins, keys, and fruits got garbled textures. Skybox, level, ball, hud, and menus look fine.
My Kulaworld looks fine. Maybe check some different settings?

I should have pointed out that this is on the Wiz. The textures looked fine with v1 and they also look fine in other emulators.

Made a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATcQcfHGnbM

qbertaddict said:
ruffnutts said:

Also I use autorun.gpu to boot straight into pcsx4all from switch on because I use a separate SD card...

ruffnutts ;)
How long did you play it for? It locks up as soon as you get the AI droid. It plays fine until then. It locks up no matter what settings. The game works fine on the previous builds so it is not my image.

It doesnt lockup if I disable frameskip. Framskip does not cause it to lockup on the previous versions.

Well I played a good few grids on it - and it has not locked up ever for me, I use ntsc version and its img+ccd+sub
I must say I Have frame skip at 0.. one other thing I`m on 1.5.0 firmware at the mo ;)

ruffnutts

ruffnutts said:
qbertaddict said:
ruffnutts said:

ruffnutts ;)

Well I played a good few grids on it - and it has not locked up ever for me, I use ntsc version and its img+ccd+sub
I must say I Have frame skip at 0.. one other thing I`m on 1.5.0 firmware at the mo ;)

ruffnutts
Frameskip; 0 and firmware 1.5 are fine. But as soon as I add frameskip it will lock. Its no biggy because it is very playable at frameskip 0 but it would be nice to get it perfect. Its just weird that it does not lockup on previous builds with frameskip on

Well I have to try to have frame skip on, see what happens - I think it plays well but its a shame about the music slowing down once your on the grid playing :(

EDIT: tried frame skip 2 still worked fine for me even on the AI Droid,
I`m not even sure if it made much difference to be honest - I would like to get the best possible settings
Just like you... forgot to mention that I have CPU Bias set to 7 :D

nutts out

qbertaddict said:
Frameskip; 0 and firmware 1.5 are fine. But as soon as I add frameskip it will lock. Its no biggy because it is very playable at frameskip 0 but it would be nice to get it perfect. Its just weird that it does not lockup on previous builds with frameskip on

I don't see the use in this specific frameskip either, it doesn't make the game any faster, it outputs only lesser frames. The overall speed (measured in percent) always stays the same.

@ruffnutts
No use in going up to CPU BIAS 7, this will only result in a slower emulated Playstation, you can stay at something between 2 and 4 and you will get the same results (if not better, cause if you activate frame limit, the game might run slower then your Caanoo is capable of). The FPS counter will give you a more accurate impression then of how fast the game is and how fast it should be.

Ok well I thought it said in the readme that lower bias for 3D games and Higher for 2D games, and this game I wouldn`t say it was full 3D

settings that makes it feel well fast lol

Tempest X3 NTSC

Caanoo Clock 750Mhz
Ram Tweaks On
Frame Limit On
Frame Skip 2
Interlace Simple
Sound On (XA)
CPU Clock 100%
CPU Bias 7
CPU Core HLE
CPU Type Software
Auto Save Off
No Game Fixes

Interlace simple if you can suffer the lines, pragressive makes a horrible sound with these settings...

EDIT: Turn frame skip back to 0 and the counter reads FPS=60/60 SPD=100% Music stays fine,
Weather this is a fulse reading not sure - but it feels right ;)

Back