Pdas

Goity

VIP Sleaze
What Speed Mhz do you need for ps1 emulation fullspeed on pda and does an emu exist for N64 on PDA? Think this has been asked before but CBA to search

hi all
I do have a Dell Axim X30 (running at 624MHz) and I can play a lot of PSX games without probs (FF7, FF9, GranTurismo1, Parasite Eve1.....suikoden....)
some are even playable without frameskip...
There is no sound at all with the 0.09.2 version but the new one (should be available soon) will support sound, guncom emulation (Timecrisis...) and improve speed (10-20% faster)
control is not an issue because you can map buttons on the silkscreen...
so to answer shortly : 624MHz is OK

see you :lol:

i heard the batt. life is bad with the x30? what spped do most games run fullspeed at?

bat life is not as bad...
with the normal (950mAh) you can play for 1-2h and twice that with the extended bat
to know how games are running you should visit
http://www.fpsece.net/news.php
and then go to compatibility
you will have a list of working/playing/nothing games with sometimes screenshots and some infos : size after ripping, compression....
for eg I can play suikoden1 at around 30 fps with no frameskip
if I set frameskip ON then the game will run at 90fps without issues

umm.. so 2-4 hours with ext batt.? how long do most pda's last? and as I was saying- what speed pda do you need for decent speed?

I dont know for others PDA because the one I had before was a PalmV (16MHz with 2M of RAM and 512K of ROM) so nothing to be compared with a X30
I think they can all live around the same time
should depend on what you are playing, brightness level...sound...wifi on/off...bluetooth on/off...
if you go on the compatibility page you will have more info about how games run and with which PDA...

check the ownage
this would run ps1
not to mention everything that gp32 emus run
this would probably get full speed 16 bit emulation
it as 624 from what i've read
it runs windows mobile 2003 se
and controls some to be a non issue
the controls even look good
plus its a phone too
expensive though
and not available in north america yet