Perfectfit

Akuma no Houkon

Certified Guru
Website
akuma.gp32news.com
Here is a new game, by me. :)

Perfect Fit is a very fun logical block game. You have probably seen its type on many other platforms but none existed for the GP32 so, as another "learning the GP32" project, I made one. It comes with a full windows based level editor and default package of 120 levels to play.

Here is the download link http://www.crypticdesigns.com/gp32/PerfectFit.zip
(limited bandwidth)

With the level editor you can create "Level Packs" that can contain upto 256 levels in each pack. PerfectFit can use an unlimited number of level packs.

Have fun and be sure to read the readme file!

EDIT:
Level 40 had a small design flaw that wouldnt let you complete it (a mistake on my part), if you downloaded the version that had this problem, you can fix it by downloading the fixed level pack:

http://www.crypticdesigns.com/gp32/PFLevelPack.zip

I am a huge fan of logical puzzle and strategy games, Brainies, Lolo, Little Magic, DynaMate, etc...

If any of you make any level packs for PerfectFit, please upload them, or email them to me, or something, I would love to play them and maybe even add them to the next release.

I am still trying to get the feel of development for the GP32, I have had mine for almost two weaks and have released 2 projects (GPSquares and PerfectFit) Both are "semi-complete", fully playable, and I have a couple more in the works. I lack an artist and an audio designer or I would have more quality releases. (sorry about the lack of audio and amature graphics folks, when I get an artist and an audio developer I will update the releases with new graphics and audio)

Akuma no Houkon posted on Mar 21 2004 at 10:12 PM said:
I am a huge fan of logical puzzle and strategy games, Brainies, Lolo, Little Magic, DynaMate, etc...

If any of you make any level packs for PerfectFit, please upload them, or email them to me, or something, I would love to play them and maybe even add them to the next release.

I am still trying to get the feel of development for the GP32, I have had mine for almost two weaks and have released 2 projects (GPSquares and PerfectFit) Both are "semi-complete", fully playable, and I have a couple more in the works. I lack an artist and an audio designer or I would have more quality releases. (sorry about the lack of audio and amature graphics folks, when I get an artist and an audio developer I will update the releases with new graphics and audio)
Im a bit of a noob with graphics, but if u giv me sum specs of what u want ill show u what i can do. i dont mind if u dnt use anythin, im still playing with photoshop :).

Last edited by a moderator:
Akuma no Houkon posted on Mar 21 2004 at 10:12 PM said:

hell, that's impressive :)

continue the work, we need more puzzle games! (I just thought that having only 2 games like that will make me go frustrated when I'm stuck at both :3)

Very nice one though, Akuma - you're great at doing these little puzzle gems that no-one knew we were missing until they show up :D

I swear I've played a version of this before. But I haven't a clue where - just that the GP32 would have been involved. Maybe its from ADIC2003 or somewhen... No idea.

Tobriand posted on Mar 22 2004 at 02:32 PM said:
Very nice one though, Akuma - you're great at doing these little puzzle gems that no-one knew we were missing until they show up :D

I swear I've played a version of this before. But I haven't a clue where - just that the GP32 would have been involved. Maybe its from ADIC2003 or somewhen... No idea.

Maybe you are thinking of the GP32 DynaMate port. Its not the same as PerfectFit but does share a few similarities. (colored objects sliding arround a level trying to solve the puzzle) but the two are _very_ different games.

Houkon, you're a developer with a lot of promise, and you create the kind of games this industry needs - short addictive and fun.

Please inform em of your future projects.

Matt

mattribute posted on Mar 22 2004 at 03:54 PM said:
Houkon, you're a developer with a lot of promise, and you create the kind of games this industry needs - short addictive and fun.

Please inform em of your future projects.

Matt
I just make games that I would like to play, thats all. :)

I love small games, games that you can pick up for 10 minutes, play a level or two, and easily put it down. Perfect games for a handheld system.

As for my other projects, I have a few small puzzle type games in the works, and a couple large projects. Although without an artist, my larger projects will probably never see the light of day...oh well. Stick figures just dont make for an enjoyable experiance :)

that's what i mean, man.

The GBA has very few games which are compulsive, small and fun. and I thought that's the way the GP32 was headed.

I don't want an RPG or platform game on my handheld - they're always over ambitious and too short. i want a game where I can learn easily, play easier and be addicted for hours.

Thanks for doing making my day, man.

And has anyone done a version of Othello for the GP32 yet, or checkers?

Those should be you next projects - i love those games.

Back