Peripheral Modding?

KRH

Could I mod this item to clamp on a Pandora somehow?

If I driver were made for this thing you could have some pretty innovative games. ;)

The USB messages are very, very simple. I wrote a concept driver for linux when I first got mine about a year back or so, forgot about them, deleted them, and haven't bothered since.

KRH said:

If I driver were made for this thing you could have some pretty innovative games. ;)

All it does is shoot missiles, how could that be constructively used in any game? It also appears to use the USB port as a power supply only, so I don't think the computer can even send missiles via software (probably has a button on it somewhere to do that.

(edit) Just saw WizardStan's post. Looks like it can be controlled by software, but still fail to see how this could be useful in a game?

Last edited by a moderator:
KRH said:

Driving it should be pretty straightforward. The protocol isn't really documented but a number of people have basically figured it out.
eg. http://www.amctrl.com/rocketlauncher.html

Physically attaching it to the Pandora is impractical... I think the base diameter is wider than the Pandora's case depth. But you could stick it on a table, hooked up over USB (possibly with a webcam attached? :)) and run it pretty well. Don't know about battery drain though.

Pleng said:
Looks like it can be controlled by software, but still fail to see how this could be useful in a game?

Yes it can be controlled (I've used one). And of course it could be used in a game... just not a purely electronic one :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back