Personal milestones topic

Well, it's all a matter of perspective. Big achievements seem to fade in the light of (or rather: the hard work for) the next milestone you are trying to reach.

Currently I am also working hard on my PhD, which will definately be my biggest achievement then ... but ultimately I hope some day I will sit in a comfy chair and watch my grandchildren play, without having to worry about much. That's what I would call an awsome over-achievement! ^_^

(Especially since right now only the gods know where I will be in one year, and I don't expect things to become much more secure in the following years)

Getting through my Engineering school (Mechanics) without attending classes, learning programming instead and getting my diploma, and moreover getting a job as software engineer with a mechanic diploma :D

I recently finished applying to six colleges! They are;

Stony Brook University (first choice)

Harvard College

New York University

Columbia University

Fordham University

Hofstra University

I recently finished applying to six colleges! They are;

Stony Brook University (first choice)

Harvard College

New York University

Columbia University

Fordham University

Hofstra University

Funny I've studied for half a year at cold spring harbor laboratory, very close to stony brook university, heard it being mentioned very often but haven't been there.

I_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For me it's been learning that I'm a pretty good dad, paying off over £1000 of debts (though I've still a way to go, this has been the first time that I haven't felt powerless against it), and seeking help and learning to accept/better myself after being diagnosed with adhd, ocd, and anxiety disorder.

I just got accepted into Stony Brook!

Congrats!

For me, I'd say finishing my M.S degree, and the thesis that went along with it. Actually finishing creating a game and releasing it felt pretty good too - especially porting it to iOS and getting it out to such a wide audience on the iTunes App Store. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back