PGS Windows 10 gaming handheld - GPD WIN competitor

Screenshot for those who can't see it (or in case they fix it and make me look like a crazy person)
So, yeah, the bottom was probably hidden behind something on my browser. Also, no worries, they don't need to make you look like a crazy person... :p

Hello, dear friends.
Thank you very much for your attention to our project. We have read the above, and remembered for a number of interesting ideas, thank you.
The device is in the active stage of creation, much has been done, but much more needs to be done. We welcome your suggestions and ideas. We will try to answer all your questions. You can ask them right here.

We will try to answer all your questions. You can ask them right here.
Can you make Linux, BSD, or some other *nix an option?...actually, since it is for gaming I guess that means Linux. I don't know hardware compatability for what you are planning to use, but I would be far more interested if you shipped some with Linux rather than Android or Windows.

I am a bit concerned about durability and build quality. Do you have competent and experienced engineers working on some of the more demanding stuff (the telescopic sticks, the screen tilt mechanism, heat, etc)?

Is the current price and specs list more of a wish list, or has everything been considered so you know you can make it at that price?

Hello, dear friends.
Thank you very much for your attention to our project. We have read the above, and remembered for a number of interesting ideas, thank you.
The device is in the active stage of creation, much has been done, but much more needs to be done. We welcome your suggestions and ideas. We will try to answer all your questions. You can ask them right here.

1. Is it real?
2. Is there secondary storage?
3. How are going to deliver on the pricing? Via some preorder campaign or general pricing will be as posted?
4. Do you have photos of the development unit "franken models"?
5. Where are you based and what is the pedigree of the company behind this?

rygD
Thanks for comment. We will think about linux support.
Currently, we are negotiating with engineering base of "Yota Devices".

slimeycat
Hello!
1. Sure
2. MicroSD
3. We do not plan to open a pre-order. The device will be available when it is ready (2016Q4). 230-260$.
4. You can see sample of "Frankenstein" prototype in the video that we prepared in the event of release on Kickstarter: (dont share, please)
5. Our company is registered in the United States, Detroit. The head office is located in Moscow. Logistics office in China.

rygD
Thanks for comment. We will think about linux support.
Currently, we are negotiating with engineering base of "Yota Devices".

So is it your plan to do a kickstarter campaign when the device is ready?

vcoleiro1
We would not want to resort to the help of crowdfunding. At the moment, we are in dialogue with our investors. If everything goes the way we want, we do not need Kickstarter.

vcoleiro1
We would not want to resort to the help of crowdfunding. At the moment, we are in dialogue with our investors. If everything goes the way we want, we do not need Kickstarter.

So the video above was when you still had plans for a Kickstarter , but since then, things have changed and you now hope to get investor cash to fund it?

As i understand, they didn't discard a Kickstarter campaign. Is a kind of "Plan B" in case that inversors don´t get interest on the product.

@PGSLab can you give to us some info about the current status of the device?
which kind of "upgrades" you consider on it? (backlight keyboard, etc)
you still considering these kind of upgrades at this moment?
Can you show to us a video of the "frankenstein" prototye working with both screens? something like this may be so interesting.

Is it just me, or is the audio sync off in that video? Or did you film yourselves for the video, then hire an American voice actor to dub your lines? Either way, I wouldn't release it as-is. If it's the former, definitely fix the sync. If it's the latter, don't overdub. If your English is halfway decent, just read the lines yourself. Even if it isn't, you should still read it yourself and add subtitles. You'd come off as more authentic that way.

I'm actually surprised to see the board as near-complete as it is. I don't know how familiar you are with the pandora or pyra projects, but these guys were showing off parts and prototypes in far less complete/pretty states. Honestly, as unbelievable as your project is, you should be showing off as much as possible. Most of the people here and on the dingoonity boards (myself included) are fairly sure this is either a scam or a pipe dream. If you're for real, you should be trying to reassure us. You don't need to make a fancy production out of it, just some pics and a smartphone video of the prototypes as they are now would go a long way to proving your legitimacy.

The device will be available when it is ready
I have always liked answers like this. I would rather something be worked on as long as needed to be good, rather than try to meet a deadline with cut corners.

Deen0X
Is a kind of "Plan B" in case that inversors don´t get interest on the product
Absolutely
working with both screens
Current prototypes working with 1 screen only. We still have a lot of work before we can show the public a ready solution.

Chip
you should be showing off as much as possible
We need time in order to have something to show. The development of such a solution is very complex and expensive process. We hope that the community understands us.

Once again many thanks to all who participated in the discussion. Thanks to you, for example, we have already come to the decision to build vibro-motors in the device.

Am I too late :p I just want to ask you that if PGS will be able to handle calls while in Desktop mode. I am planning to use this device as a phone.

Well, i am interested, if this works out il have two gadgets by then, Pyra and PSG, might even use it as a phone, if it can accept calls during gaming.

I'm actually surprised to see the board as near-complete as it is. I don't know how familiar you are with the pandora or pyra projects, but these guys were showing off parts and prototypes in far less complete/pretty states. Honestly, as unbelievable as your project is, you should be showing off as much as possible. Most of the people here and on the dingoonity boards (myself included) are fairly sure this is either a scam or a pipe dream. If you're for real, you should be trying to reassure us. You don't need to make a fancy production out of it, just some pics and a smartphone video of the prototypes as they are now would go a long way to proving your legitimacy.

Notice the part showing the prototype (1:20) says "Intel Bay Trail." I doubt that's anything like a near-complete board for this handheld. Much more likely it's an off the shelf eval board. It's hard to tell exactly because not much detail is visible in the shot but it looks like there's some edge connector to the right of it (PCI-E?) and the board looks awfully bare so I don't know if it's even where the SoC is, as opposed to just some I/O breakout. Come to think of it, it doesn't really look like anything's even connected to it.

The board at 1:13 looks more like an actual board with SoC and RAM, but this could be pretty much anything. What it's pretty clearly not is an appropriate design for this handheld, as it doesn't have the right dimensions or pads for controls. The large number of those ribbon style connectors is also out of place for something like this.

Damn, I think you're right.

BQzIBLQ.jpg

2Hqg9MO.jpg

Judging by the size of the display and battery, I think this is just a generic 8" tablet that has been disassembled, not really a "prototype" at all. And I was actually starting to hope this might be legit.

PGS for sure are going to make a 7 inches device why not 8 or 9 inches, and something else about the HDMI in and pen stylus

Oh hey, I didn't even realize there was so much detail in those videos. I guess I was watching a lower resolution version. I don't think I can make out anything more from the detail shown, though.

Does anyone remember the stuff Smach-Z was showing? This reminds me a lot of that.

I wouldn't totally write them off, but I'm not writing them off. I don't expect that they have much more at this point beyond a decent industrial designer and some COTS parts they've hooked up. It'd be nice if the people doing things like this had a more transparent and up front approach of where they're at, even if it's still in early planning stages and putting stuff together to see what works. Instead of pushing attention grabbing marketing and acting like the project is ready to go with a price reasonably set and everything, when you have almost nothing to show. But I guess it's a lot harder to incite investors this way.

Maybe I should do a handheld, I wonder how expensive that'd be :p

Back