Phytium-based ARM PC

What exactly do you mean?

To check for the Debian boot entry: Reboot -> F2 -> Look if it is in the list
If it is not there: Select "Enter Setup" -> Boot Maintenance Manager -> Boot from file. Select the SSD, Navigate to /EFI/debian and select grubaa64.efi

If the system boots ok, then add an entry for debian, remove the old and change the boot order with Boot Maintenance Manager

Ok, i got the Boot Options now right, after some few seconds, the System will open Grub, and "Debian" is now the first entry, and after some more seconds, its automatically boots debian..

The good thing is that its dont got issues whit my TV anymore, like it had when it was on Ubuntu..
My USB Headset was also working whitout issues, and youtube works quite good

Only Netflix got some issue: I installed Chromium, but when i want to run the Browser, its gets endet, maybe something is wrong there..

• Love
Reactions: rSl
I would count that as a win personally. That you've got the system running and USB devices working and even youtube in your browser working, that's quite some success. The fact you can't get chromium to run is only a minor discomfort for now. As a first test, I'd suggest running Chromium in your terminal and see what it spits out on the terminal as it dies. Open a terminal and type 'chromium' into it, hit enter and wait.

Ok now that the system seems to run,
How to get the Graphic Driver,
How to get Chromium running, and get the DRM stuff?
And how to get now Box86?

EDIT: ditnt saw that someone was posting ^^

I am the PC vendor, firstly, thanks to buy our production.
if you want to install AMDGPU drivers (in practice it involved in kernel but miss some proprietary firmware), so you should do something like:
1. edit your /etc/apt/sources
2. modify the achive by adding contrib and non-free
3. sudo apt update && sudo apt install linux-firmware-nonfree

about box86 or box64, please read this one:
github.com/ptitSeb/box64

Ok, thanks for the Answer, its a cool little computer, allthough maybe a bit noisy ^^, Works quite good so far, i think i will learn about the box86 stuff over time..

Im now loaded the Graphic Driver over Synaptic on a different Window Manager, seems like i installed everything by incidence on the Setup Process ^^
I found the DVD Plugin for Playing DVDs, so now this thing can even play Louis de Funes Movies ^^
I will have to install Box86 another day,

One thing confused me still: Why dit the Chinese Ubuntu that was on the SSD had Issues whit my Screen, but the Debian 11 works whitout issues?

The preinstalled Kylin Ubuntu used a rather old kernel 4.19.90. This kernel has some patches to fully support the D2000 SoC, but the amdgpu driver is rather outdated and may have more issues with some display devices. Debian bullseye uses kernel 5.10, but lacks those Phytium patches (that's why the onboard ethernet does not work). I wrote an email to the contact address of the vendor, if they can provide the source code of the kernel and the dts of the D2K1 mainboard. Since we have an employee of the company here now, perhaps they can answer the question ;)

To your chromium problem. I tried it once but it did not start, exactly like you noticed. I did not evaluate the problem in detail, but the error looked like chromium tried to get the active cpufreq governer und cpu speed. Since the D2000 has no dynamic clocking or cpufreq support chromium did not find the information it wanted and failed. It could be something other, but as I said, I did not look close enough.

Well, after reinstalling chromium, its now works, but i ditnt got the DRM Hack to run yet.., so only Youtube for now (and DVD) .. maybe tomorrow i will read me in BOX86, would be awesome to try some older PC Games..

I also got the box, but unfortunately I don't have a suitable "Type A" to EU - power adapter and therefore have to work instead of having an excuse to tinker.

Thomas

I also got the box, but unfortunately I don't have a suitable "Type A" to EU - power adapter and therefore have to work instead of having an excuse to tinker.

Thomas
it is a pity, although we have gathered some infomation about power plug between diffrent counties (rather than deliberately using Chinese standards), still did not expect to cause trouble.
What country are you in, what are the plug standards, and how many countries are like you?
Post automatically merged:

Ok just ordered a China to EU Plug Adapter via Next day delivery on Amazon..
This should prevent me from first looking in the package this evening, so I will make me the pizza first..
i can integrate the pc on my Desk, allready

Maybe Ubuntu Kylin was just a Test System, i will definitly put my Stick in an install Debian..
yeah, because Ubuntukylin is currently the best supporting system for this PC, and we've also tested Debian but it have some issues. So we decided to use ubuntukylin. It had nothing to do with whether it was developed specifically for the Chinese, it was just better support.

The Difference between China and Europe is just 10 Volts,(220 To 230 Volt) and a different plug type.., whe had also 220 Volt bevore in Germany, than there where some changes because of the EU, and whe went to 230 Volt, but the OLD 220 Volt Devices are still compatible..

Whit Debian 11, i have now a Window Manager that looks about the same as on the Pyra ^^

I was surprised this morning how fast the Phytian bootet: I made a quick test where i pushed the button, leaved the room to listen how noise it is whit a closed door, and it wasnt that noticible ^^, wenn i went back to my Livingroom/Homeoffice, it was on my Desktop..

Its quite unfortunally to have this PC at home but no China/Europe Adapter, its a 10 € Piece.. i can feel whit you..

I just testet some TV Mediatheks: even if the Protectet still dont work, it plays everything that is not protectet, so the "Öffentlich Rechtliche" TV Mediatheks are working: ARD, ZDF, even the French German Cultur Brodcast ARTE ^^

So Disney, Amazon, Netflix Crunshyroll on Phone for now..

yeah, because Ubuntukylin is currently the best supporting system for this PC, and we've also tested Debian but it have some issues. So we decided to use ubuntukylin. It had nothing to do with whether it was developed specifically for the Chinese, it was just better support.
@shouhuanxiaoji: what problems did you have with Debian vs Ubuntu? If you leave the kernel out of the equation both should run equally well. The ethernet port doesn't work with neither the normal Ubuntu or Debian kernel. Both run with the manually installed 4.19.90 kernel (including ethernet) but this kernel is ~two years old and misses many bugfix and security patches.

Back