Pics From Mweston: Silk Screen Design

How about these...

1. 1st Opening
2. 1st Take-off
3. Initial Release
4. Birth edition
5. Now Open (or Now Opened) (and let some people wonder if it says "now closed" when the lid is down...)
6. Initial Launch
7. In Orbit
8. Crack of Dawn Edition (& yes , reference to an Amiga demo music)
9. Big Bang Edition (or Slow Bang Edition ?)
10. Back from Black-Hole Edition
11. Myth Edition ( or Myth Came True Edition)

pelrun said:
My heart sank when I saw "First Batch" - it was like nails on a chalkboard, for my eyes. The '1' icon is perfectly understated.

Dang! I didn't think it was THAT bad.. ;)

I like the idea indicating the original first batch customers on the Pandora unit itself. Keep that on there.

Last edited by a moderator:
the first batch mention looks great, good job, and nice looking silkscreen otherwise...

Alec  said:
"Two Months Later"
I like this, but not for the silk screen. Maybe as a blog post title when it's released, or maybe a book chronicling OP's journey.

Tensuke said:
Alec  said:
"Two Months Later"
I like this, but not for the silk screen. Maybe as a blog post title when it's released, or maybe a book chronicling OP's journey.

"Pandora - A Two Month (tm) Project"

(one kitty cat, two kitty cats...)

MWeston said:
What do you think of this? http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa99/MWeston_2007/SilkFront_universal.png
Very stylish - I hope you guys go with that. :D

Why not keep to the cliché and call it the "Two Months™ Edition"? Or just "Two Months™"?

Otherwise, Mweston's second design is currently the superior.

wait... "hold"??
hows that work...
also, I think the first batch thing is fine, though maybe without the logo next to it.
maybe the bluetooth symbol instead of the 'BT'

El Jefe said:
wait... "hold"??
hows that work...
also, I think the first batch thing is fine, though maybe without the logo next to it.
maybe the bluetooth symbol instead of the 'BT'

I'm Harald Blåtand and I approve of this bluetooth thing of which you speak.

I think they actually have to license the use of the Bluetooth logo, correct me if I'm wrong. And I think licensing such a thing costs more than it's worth.

Undecided on "First Batch" though I love the idea of differentiating the first batch from all the others.

Does the power switch need the HOLD of lock symbol? Sorry for asking but I thought this was just an on/off switch. If there is a hold or lock switch would a padlock not be a cleaner way of showing this?

Just to throw something into the ring:

Instead of "first batch" why not call it "first hatch" ?

Aldo I'm personally oke with "first batch", but not with "Two Months ™" and for one or the other reason that number on on top of the logo seams odd to - I like the idea but not sure I will like it on the pandora in 6 months.

haptagud said:
Undecided on "First Batch" though I love the idea of differentiating the first batch from all the others.

Does the power switch need the HOLD of lock symbol? Sorry for asking but I thought this was just an on/off switch. If there is a hold or lock switch would a padlock not be a cleaner way of showing this?
It's spring loaded in the power direction and locks in the hold direction.

Iorgy77 said:
For the love of flying spaghetti monster dont ask the chinese to change anything that could delay things further.

MWeston said:
haptagud said:

It's spring loaded in the power direction and locks in the hold direction.

Thanks for clearing that up, by lock I imagine you mean all key inputs are locked in which case would a standard padlock symbol not be more appropriate than HOLD? Such as this?

Back