Pics From Mweston: Silk Screen Design

A lock is definitely a better idea than the key. It was easy to draw but ED is the clip art guy. He'll turn it into something better if there is agreement on change.

As a geeky replacement to "First Batch" how about "00110001"? ;) Hope my ascii is correct!

I'm for a change away from HOLD, prefer the use of symbols where possible.

[edit] Added my vote for changing HOLD to a padlock

I was immediately sold on the First Batch mark. Being worded in English is a bit redundant but ever the sweeter for those who waited so long for their Pandora. As stated, it's become an idiom, and would give a special "you had to be there" kind of meaning to the mark. The number is more universal, yes, but there's not so many of us and I kind of like the idea of giving the first batch a special name for being very special indeed.

It looks good and professionell but printing always has this "rub away" tendency... ^_^
Signs molded straight into the Plastic as reief or so may not as clearly visible as white printing but much more durable. :)
Of course, the printing is OK and not onto areas where the device is heavily touched.

"First Batch" sounds great, i dont think that anyone dont understand it, its a realy easy english, but its not a important information

but whats about the first cases: there are 10000 cases in one batch, but only 4000 Pandoras in the first batch, so "first batch" is on all of the 10000 cases? :unsure:

After looking at the pictures, I'm definitely in the "First Batch" camp. It didn't sound so good when just reading this thread, but the picture completely turned me around. I much prefer "First Batch" instead of the little number.

First Batch!

matzesu said:
"First Batch" sounds great, i dont think that anyone dont understand it, its a realy easy english, but its not a important information

but whats about the first cases: there are 10000 cases in one batch, but only 4000 Pandoras in the first batch, so "first batch" is on all of the 10000 cases? :unsure:
Nobody sayed they print ALL 10K cases. ;) They have 10K Cases and print 4000 with "First Batch", easy as that.

"First Batch" sounds better than "First Edtition" in this case because the last one remembers me onto the first GP2X Units with the same name and we know they didn't stand for quality. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
MWeston said:
At any rate, we could still make the change for the 10,000 cases (not sure if they will do 4k with first batch marking and 6k without but I will ask).

Well if they do it would be nice, otherwise you may as well just remove it all together. I don't see much point in having a mark to signify that it's the first batch if it's going to be on all of the second batch and half way through the third too (assuming that each batch is 4000 units, of course)

I personally couldn't care less about if it has a first batch silkscreen on it. It seems pretty pointless to me.

arrrgh said:
I personally couldn't care less about if it has a first batch silkscreen on it. It seems pretty pointless to me.

Lol that made me laugh :D , but it's all about marking the fact of the people who took the 'risk' had the patience to be 1st batchers. It's also like buying a limited edition version of something say a game. Not that I usually do, but I think it's a nice idea.

I don't find it important. If you need to feel special about having bought from the first batch then just stick some masking tape onto it and write FIRST BATCH onto it with permanent marker

Since you don't find it important I guess you wont mind it on there, or you could just use a black marker over it.
Wont kill me if it's not on there but I think it's a nice idea. Now if you said it would delay it, well that's a whole different matter :D

It's cool from a collector's point of view, and if there turn out to be hideous hardware problems, lets you know which ones to avoid when you're buying them on eBay
tongue.gif

fishybawb said:
It's cool from a collector's point of view, and if there turn out to be hideous hardware problems, lets you know which ones to avoid when you're buying them on eBay
tongue.gif

But who in their right mind would sell their Pandora?! They must be crazy! :eek:

Bosbeetle said:
Well one little delay it didnt kill us before ;)

I'm already on life support as it is!
@fishybawb that's when I would very carefully remove it hahaha

If we need text we should go with "First Batch". Then the subsequent batches can be "Pandora: First Batch Part 2", "Pandora 3" and "John Pandora".

Alternatively, the second batch could get the text "Electric Boogaloo".

Seriously, though, "First Batch" is good, as is the logo. It's just a nice little thank you – and I do agree, collectors in the future are going to like it.

j6cubic said:
If we need text we should go with "First Batch". Then the subsequent batches can be "Pandora: First Batch Part 2", "Pandora 3" and "John Pandora".
lol'd

Is the headphone port a mini-usb port, and will an HTC G1 headset work with it?

Thanks,

Jason

Back