Pictures, Videos and thoughts of a Pyra dev-prototype

A new short video. I compiled Hostile Takeover and did a (very) short play using the Stulus, holding my phone with the other hand (so as you can see, the hindge is tough enough to play with stylus without fliping open).

Cool. I don't use my Pandora without supporting the screen.

I'm curious, how is the battery life on the Pyra so far? I imagine it's nowhere near it's full potential, but I'm curious.
Pretty sure it is better than the smartphones I use.

Looks very comfortable. What resolution is the game running at? The native 720p? The mouse arrow is so small and the stylus point becomes so huge.

Looks very comfortable. What resolution is the game running at? The native 720p? The mouse arrow is so small and the stylus point becomes so huge.
Yes, I'm using native 1280x720 resolution. The arrow is small, but the games is nice and well defined at this resolution / screen size. I think it's a nice game to showcase the Pyra touchscreen and screen.

Sure shot! One nice showcase for the stilus would be with the likes of a paint program in a sense that it shows the stylus delay.
As we know the tech involved, we know it is fast, but others don´t.

Many thanks for these updates ptitSeb

Great to see a Pyra in the wild :)

Not been on the net much the last couple of weeks, do we know who got the other Prototypes & What they've been up to?

I wonder if you've got the cabling necessary (or if battery power is good enough yet) to see how that screen works in a few different situations where my Pandora screen failed. Namely:

Near a window on a sunny day
Outdoors on a cloudy day or better

I think that should cover it for now ;)

I wonder if you've got the cabling necessary (or if battery power is good enough yet) to see how that screen works in a few different situations where my Pandora screen failed. Namely:

Near a window on a sunny day
Outdoors on a cloudy day or better

I think that should cover it for now ;)
RMLL was outside, and the people that went there can confirm the Pyra screen is nice, and much more readable than Pandora's ones.

Well, in bright sunlight, it works about the same as my Moto Z smartphone which works about the same as my Pandora in full brightness: These screens never really work in bright sunlight.

But they work okay in normal daylight (shade, etc.)

Thanks all for posting videos, that is great to see. Glad to see the post about battery life, that is amazing.

Which post about battery life are you referring to? I searched this thread and I see the post above asking for battery life info and a general statement about "better than my phone" but that's it. All the rest of the results for "battery" in this thread are about the weight (with and without battery) and something from Grench about a battery powered TV.

Was it in a different thread perhaps? I'm curious about real-world battery life info for the Pyra. My Pandora battery life is awesome, which is lucky as the DC charging port is busted and the mini-USB charging port is very finicky and hard to get working. I'm hoping the Pyra battery life is similarly amazing.

a quick feedback on a prototype.
The hinge is awesome.
The touchscreen is very good. (need calibration though)
Nubs feels good too. (same here)
the keyboard is great. I'll need sometimes to get used to it. I keep looking for space on the left :p
The case seems to be the one ED shooted a few weeks ago with the details on it's flaw. yet it does feel way better than the pandora case already and feels strong and robust (unlike...)
Wifi is usable. No benchmark, but I can browse confortably on the net so good enough for me.
I'll test some more this weekend and report back.

Overall it realy feels like what the pandora should have been ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20170713_233427.jpg
    IMG_20170713_233427.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 542
  • IMG_20170713_175146.jpg
    IMG_20170713_175146.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 459
  • IMG_20170713_174727.jpg
    IMG_20170713_174727.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 436
@sebt3, you can send it my way for a couple weeks if you want a second opinion. :D
I dont see any seb in your nick, sorry...

current battery life?
I'ld say most of the os is very rought at best. Everything needs calibration. Same goes with the battery. I doubt the value displayd make any sense currently. And for real life testing. I'm betting none are going to do so (for now) because the best way to interact with the pyra (for now) is using the serial console. As the serial console is over the USB connection used to power the thing, the pyra is currently powered...

Wifi is usable. No benchmark, but I can browse confortably on the net so good enough for me.
I'll test some more this weekend and report back.
Is it possible to test the Wifi range compared to other devices?

I have here my little relax-area where my tablet has a acceptable reception.
The HP laptop of my brother on the other hand don't get usable reception.
(He needs to use his phone as an repeater next to his laptop.)
It would be nice to knew how well the Wifi works.

Back