Pidgen Freezes

Pleng

Um dunno if this is the right section for this. Feel free to move it if it's not.

Anyway Pidgin regularly freezes on my Pandora. It may be after 5 minutes of use, it may be after 15, but it will always happen. The interface will stop responding and it will need to be reset by clicking the close gadget, which brings up a message along the lines of the program may have crashed and might need to be terminated.

Additionally, it *always* crashes when I switch to Arora to do some web browsing, and then back to pidgin. In this instance the buddy list and conversation windows go grey, and the application needs to be terminated in the same manner.

Probably more appropriate to post this in the "I Need Help" subforum. This one is for testing stuff that has been written or ported by community members and Pidgin (I guess) is in the Angstrom repos already.

Aha I was trying to decide between that subforum and this one (Beta Testing). Looks like the coin landed on the wrong side!

Would a mod be kind enough to move this topic?

http://bugs.openpandora.org/

It's a bug report, isn't it? You even came up with a procedure to reproduce it which is good for debugging :)
However, it could also be a problem with Pidgin or Aurora itself.

Also be sure to include what protocols you are using.
I used ICQ without any problems so far, but it could be related to a different protocol.

Back