GP32 PIM app and palmOS emu

moz

load *,8,1
Website
Visit site
its been a ages since ive done any coding and im going to blow the dust off my manuals and have a go at making an app that allows calendar/contacts and email and sync them with outlook/palm desktop . I will maybe also have a go at making a palmOS emulator as i have a clie with the information that i would want on my gp32.

Do any of these exist?. i wouldnt want to duplicate any work going on. My progress will be slow, very slow but the pace should pick up.

Porting POSE (the Palm OS emulator) itself wouldn't be too hard as its already open source and has been ported to damned near eveyrthing already.

The problem is it would be slow to use.. maybe a little slow to emulate (POSE is not well optimized, and full of helpful debug stuff, since its designed as a debug tool for PAlm OS developers).

The trick is that Palm OS is designed to be used by a stylus; grafitti et al. So using grafitti would be *brutal* with a GP32, so forget it. You'd need to use a virtual keyboard, and have it enter things into the keyboard buffer for you. Thats fine....

But imagine how much fun it would be to use Palm OS via a virtual keyboard on a GP32 :)

thats why I didn't port POSE :p

jeff

yeah the idea of using a virtual keyboard would sucks for long inputs of text, its more the functionality of viewing the data and ebooks, isilo books etc that interests me so i can have all my emanuals with me

Hey, who cares about input. Having a util that would just sync with outlook/etc would be nice. Having a copy of all that info (phone, emails, addresses, calender) and your emails would be really useful. A PIM viewer alone would be great.

Still a large undertaking, but I'm sure it would be used by lots of people.

Back