Play-asia Gp2x F-200

Novi

Still Fresh
Just wondering, has anyone bought the F-200 from play-asia?
I'm going to get one but have a few questions for those who have got it from there.
Does it come with any warrenty like ordering from the official site does?
Are all the manuals in English or is it all in an asian language considering it's play-asia?
Also is there any reason why it's a whopping £45 cheaper than the official site? Does it come with less stuff in the bundle? I can't understand why it's so much cheaper.........

Anyway thanks for the help... (I hope this is the correct section to post in - sorry if it isn't)

Novi said:
Just wondering, has anyone bought the F-200 from play-asia?
I'm going to get one but have a few questions for those who have got it from there.
Does it come with any warrenty like ordering from the official site does?
Are all the manuals in English or is it all in an asian language considering it's play-asia?
Also is there any reason why it's a whopping £45 cheaper than the official site? Does it come with less stuff in the bundle? I can't understand why it's so much cheaper.........

Anyway thanks for the help... (I hope this is the correct section to post in - sorry if it isn't)
I purchased both my MKII and F-200 from Play Asia and I've had nothing but satisfactory experiences with them. When I ordered my F-200 it arrived 1 1/2 days after I placed my order, and I live in the middle of the US! Of course, I imagine it would take a little bit longer for you to receive yours if you ordered from there, considering most outlets are waiting for a new shipment of F-200's to arrive. I don't know about warranty, per se, but Play-Asia will replace defective merchandise up to 6 months after the merchandise is purchased.

The manual and included CD are in English and Korean.

Here's everything that comes with the F-200 from Play Asia:
The F-200 unit (with 5 games installed)
Instruction booklet
Instruction CD (with a bunch more bonus games on it)
Stylus
USB cable

Hope that was helpful!

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought my f-200 from play-asia. Had nothing by great service from them. The system has been working flawlessly (except for those problems gph started), and they had a very fast delivery time, and better prices compared to gbax (got my gp32 from gbax back in the day, they were slow on delivery - could be location, and their prices are generally higher). Hope that helps.

Play-asia is fine, i have ordered there as well. It is great when you want to have the F200 as soon as possible. I think it is better to buy it from your local supplier, you'd probably have better support as well.
Because of all the extra costs it will not save you any money. I would have bought it in the Netherlands from gpark.nl if they had it on stock, but didn't want to wait until half December.

b_o_b said:
Play-asia is fine, i have ordered there as well. It is great when you want to have the F200 as soon as possible. I think it is better to buy it from your local supplier, you'd probably have better support as well.
Because of all the extra costs it will not save you any money. I would have bought it in the Netherlands from gpark.nl if they had it on stock, but didn't want to wait until half December.
There were no extra costs for me (by ordering through Play Asia). The F-200 unit cost $169.00 and the shipping was $25.80 (UPS 1-4 day shipping to the United States).

Ok, thanks for the replies guys. I've ordered from play-asia myself before, but only actual games before never an actual games handheld. Anyway I'll see how much the postage adds on and see if it's worth it :)

I did order from there, but got a HUGE unexpected cost of 60€(Import cost, don't know what it's called). Overall it was cheaper than ordering from Europe, but I doubt I would get any good service if I had problems with my unit.

(I live in Sweden, European Empire)

You could end up paying:

Cost of:
Unit
Postage
Import Duty (unless you live in asia of course)
Any applicable taxes (eg. 17.5% if your in the UK)

It's a gamble whether or not you have to pay the last two (whether it slips through the net at customs or not)

So, all in all, it could cost you more, less, or the same as the official UK distributor. It's a gamble you take.

It will come with a warranty, but when you return it, you'll have to fill in a couple of customs forms and get play-asia to do the same (as well as use a recognised courier to present paperwork), otherwise you could be charged the same import + taxes each time they send you a replacement/repair'd unit.

Hi, I got mine from Play Asia. As well as the VAT at 17.5 % you also get a UPS duty handling charge which was £11 or so. I am also having problems as I bought a cradle and I have been charged and paid the VAT etc on it but it was missing from the parcel. I have sent mulitiple emails and photos of the parcel box (to prove it was too small to have the cradle in it!) but no resolution so far. Buying from your local supplier may be worth the little extra.

I want to buy gp2x f-200 from play-asia but they are giving one problem they will do a check up after checkout asking for security details, what's all that about i don't trust them.

Play Asia is excellent, but diabetics beware, they send little packages of candy as a friendly touch.
I really liek Play Asia.
GP2X Store is good too. I have dealt with both and I was very satisfied.

sukhigp said:
I want to buy gp2x f-200 from play-asia but they are giving one problem they will do a check up after checkout asking for security details, what's all that about i don't trust them.
Maybe they don't trust you either, hence the security checks? (they have to protect themselves against fraud)

I have bought many items from play-asia.com.

Without trying to sound like I'm getting a commission from them for sales, I'd have to say I highly recommend them for speed of service, tracking of item (email notification on receipt of order and despatch) and the packaging.

I've just ordered gp2x f-200 console and gp2x cradle from play-asia what happens next, would they send me another email to notifying me that the item is sent.

Watch for the debit on your credit card or log into your account there and check, they give you a date when they expect to ship. Mine arrived today and it is flawless, no dead pixels, on switch perfect, batteries nice and snug, all buttons but the click check out swell, transcend sd card from my f100 slides in and locks, ejects sweetly. Does feel totally foreign at first. 'm very satisfied with play-asia, GPH I'll note a few points;

1) The blue led is obscenely bright, mine has two layers of white glossy address label on it and it's still a bit annoying. Is there still a low battery light?

2) the volume and sound quality is fabulous, awsome dudes.

3) the dpad rocks, love it, you've fixed the stick and redeemed yourselves, thanks.

4) Lots of people have been putting the word, "start", into literally thousands of help screens and user docs so your changing it to, "home" and breaking a grand gaming tradition of almost everything it emulates, is a bloody stinking shame. Go stand in the corner and don't come back until you've figured out who your audience is and what they're using it for.

5) Removing all the user customization is not an upgrade.

6) A character set is not a language and you knew that only a few months ago, makes you look completely stupid now doesn't it.

7) 2.11 is still your best firmware yet.

Back