Play.d Magazine

a4paper

Still Fresh
I thought I might tell you about a little project of mine. Basically it's a free games magazine in pdf format. I'm guessing a lot of you guys play games so I thought I'd mention it and we also have a nice retro section. Well we've changed a number of things such as the new landscape design to suit computer screens from Issue 1. We had a problem with our News Ed losing his BB connection and so we haven't got a news section in this issue but we hope to be back to normal service with issue 3.

Issue2FC.jpg

Reviews: Metroid Hunters, Sensible Soccer, X-Men: The Official Game, GI Jockey 4 and R-Type Final

Previews: Age of Conan, Assassin's Creed, Viva Pinata, Loco Roco and many more

Features: Dodging the Bullet, Collection Builder

Retro: Rampage, IK+, Story of the Bitmap Brothers and SpeedBall 2: Brutal Deluxe

Columns: Metaphor Pioneer, Continu3?

Download Issue 2 Here

We now have a Mailing list on our site which you can sign upto and we'll email you whenever a new issue is available.

Play.d Website

If you like what you see (or don't) then let us know below. I'm considering doing a big feature on the GP2X next Issue. If I do I might have to see if I can get any interviews with devs on here.

Great, im going to read it now :)

Edit: Ok, i overflew it a bit, very nice professional looking layout you have there.
The articles also seem to be well writen, through most of them dont apeal to me at all.
Through the RE.played section is very nice.
One point of critic is the second page, it haves tons of jtpag artefacts wich first made the mag lookc heap, but than it got all good on the next page :)

Nice magazine. the Replay.d section also is great, I'm looking forward to the next issue.

And also, it all looks pretty nice/proffessional, well done!

Nice magazine, very professional indeed. I really enjoyed the article on "The Bitmap Brothers", Gods was one of my favourite games on the Amiga, bringing all the action of a platformer and the atmosphere of a dark adventure into my living room. I'm really looking forward to the next issue.

By the way, if you're ever looking for a guest writer, then please let me know. I have written the odd review in my time. Take a look on the boards!

Very professional magazine! I love the way the magazine is set out and the cartoon pictures of the righter and stuff are cute :p. I had a read of the Hunters reveiw and I was very impressed. Keep up the great work!

Well I'm glad you seem to like it. I've heard a lot of positive things from various people now, so it is encouraging. Don't forget to subscribe now will you :)

I don't mean to be bumping this at all but someone on the team suggested something to me earlier and this would be the perfect place to ask. Basically, he thought it might be a good idea to take a section of the magazine (such as the retro section) and re-design the articles to fit on a smaller image, and so it's readable on smaller screens. I think you can see where I'm going with this.

So, if we did this so that you could put, say the retro section onto your PSP (And maybe GP2X later on), would you lot be interested?

sam fisher posted on Jul 7 2006 at 07:42 PM said:
Grrrr....for currently unknown reasons.

Agreed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks Awesome. Very professional

Reads well. I only red a few ar5ticles n skimmed the rest. If i wanted to be really anal, i would say that the Metroid Hunters article was a little repetitive, but I dont think I will ;).

Nice n long.

Looking forward to future issues!

would be nice if you made them so text and image aligns on 320px or 240px wide stripes so you could use the gp2x comic reader to read it with next to no scrolling.

Back