Playstation Emulation

wongojack

Still Fresh
Website
facebook.com
I want to make .bin files of the games I own. I haven't done this in years actually and I'm finding way too many 'guides' online for patching etc. Its hard to know which techniques are worth spending time on.

Is there just a simple way to patch a game from the original CD that I paid $50 for back in 1996 and still have? Or do I have to hunt around the internet for patches that 'might' work?

Can someone link me to the magic secret of this process as it seems many on this board have already figured it out. Maybe there is some reliable way to find patches online that I haven't come across yet?

Well. Apparently you are legally allowed to download images of PS games if you actually own a copy, so you don't have to go through the hassle of ripping the image yourself.

This weekend I used CloneCd, following instructions I found on ngemu and that worked for Abe's Oddysee and some others.

I was also able to find copies of games that I owned. I'm not going to provide links, but searching for PSX ISO's will turn up sites with names like Snesorama and Emuparadise.

wongojack said:
This weekend I used CloneCd, following instructions I found on ngemu and that worked for Abe's Oddysee and some others.

I was also able to find copies of games that I owned. I'm not going to provide links, but searching for PSX ISO's will turn up sites with names like Snesorama and Emuparadise.

Saying "Google for $searchString" and then "This will turn up sites with names like $romsiteName1 and $romsiteName2" is just as bad an providing a link to the romsites directly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah.. EP.. haven't heard that name in a while now, i remember their rar files causing antivirus software to panic :p

Back