Playstation Games That Do Work

chronoboy

Still Fresh
I've just been testing a few PSone games using the latest build from archive.gp2x.de, here are the games tested and what works:

* Beyond the Beyond works, saving works, somewhat slow even at 270MHz on the F-200, no gfx glitches in gameplay.
* Alundra works, somewhat slow even at 270MHz, could not test save function, and I did not progress that far during testing, some gfx issues, however doesn't effect gameplay.
* Saga Frontier works awesomely, one of the best games so far working, speed is good even at 240MHz, will test 270MHz later. Can load saved games(I played on PC first). Gameplay and battles function, only gfx glitch so far is the text when chars talk, however it does not affect the readability of the text. Overall, the game functions quite well. I would recommend this game to any GP2X RPG fan.

I will be trying other games soon. Happy gaming ;)

Here is my video test for Crash bandicoot, fullspeed with interlace 1 (fully playable, i have finished it without crashs!) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6c-ozprPiU

Sorry for the crap video quality :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get why everyone seems to be able to get these things to full speed; I can't.

I've been able to (and do often) get 285 MHz out of the unit when using my Game Boy Advance emulator, but with anything else it won't go any higher than 245 MHz. Help!?!

net yaroze/homebrew psx games seem to work well. get some at my site. If you know of any more available let me know. also roll away works really well. zanac works fairly well. I just wish volume control worked in this emu though

[edited for foolish ranting before checking the facts....[/edited]

kevcal said:
I wonder if there's any chance of zodttd releasing the source for someone to take up the reins..?
He has released it. You should go scavenge for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back