Please Give Me Some Feedback

Quiest

I like turtles!
Hi peoples!

I would love if you give me some feedback here about my GBAX entries,
Blocked, Floaters and UNICOLOR.

I know that Floaters has a bug that prevents you from having much fun,
I forgot to work the enemy spawning counter back into the game.
I`ll upload a new version once my internet at home works again.

But please, leave any other bug finds, suggestions, rants (not too much rants please :D)
or other feedback here.

Thank you very much :)

mrsnature

I love the graphics and water effects in floaters :)

I didn't know what to do in unicolor, but only had a quick play with all the entries so far!

Quiest

I like turtles!
I wasn`t able to finish the tutorial for UNICOLOR, but take a look at the readme, there is a link to a youtube video explaining the gameplay mechanic.
You just need to watch the first two or three minutes to get what you have to do.

mrsnature

Quiest said:
I wasn`t able to finish the tutorial for UNICOLOR, but take a look at the readme, there is a link to a youtube video explaining the gameplay mechanic.
You just need to watch the first two or three minutes to get what you have to do.

yeah i got the impression it would probably be quite obvious if i read the readme ;) look forward to playing the proper floaters!

Last edited by a moderator:

jbrodack

gp2x fan
Website
jbrodack.googlepages.com
is floaters done using sdl or some other more direct method? seems to be the only game you've made that isn't in fenix. i love the water effect and syle of the game. besides whatever bug you mentioned i noticed you can't change the volume in game. I used gmenu to set the volume but would be nice to be able to change it mid game.

blocked i initally thought would be like tilematch or bejewelled but was a nice surprise in that you move whole sections at once. nicely done.

unicolor i havent tried yet. seemed like it wouldnt be something i would be into. i'll give it a try at some point though.

Quiest

I like turtles!
Unicolor is a puzzle game, can`t tell you if its your type of game.
Both Unicolor & Floaters are done in C++/SDL.

But its strange that you can`t adjust the volume o_O I`ve never tried, but I have that in my functions... I will take a look once I get home.

saehn

Graphician
Website
www.myspace.com
Floaters looks great, I like its style. The bug you mention... is it related to the fact that you can just move right to left, easily defeating all enemies?

I look forward to the tutorial on Unicolor, I'm not familiar with polarium either. I'll take a look at the readme in the meantime.

Blocked plays well, I think that's your most smoothly polished entry. The skins work well, the interface is good, etc. For me, that one is a keeper. :)

Quiest

I like turtles!
Thanks saehn. The bug is, that the enemies are not raising in number, there should be a lot more enemies on screen after some time (which alse makes you unable to move just left & right)

___

Advanced Member
I am in love with Blocked! This morning I hope up and noticed my gp2x still being on... I must have played Blocked until I fell asleep yesterday night ^^.

Floaters is also real good fun... great stuff! I haven tried Unicolor yet, but I will as I liked polarium on the DS a lot!

sam fisher

Website
blog.peter-r.co.uk
Ruckage had to explain the premise between polarium and unicolour so I could play it but its great now i know how! I think i'm stuck on the 4th or 5th puzzle.

The rule is that each horizontal row must all become a single colour. Either black or white will do.

greenmikey

dancin' to the moldies
Website
Visit site
I played blocked this evening for a bit. It fun but I feel that I am sucking it up. What kinda scores are others getting?

I think I was somewhere near 900 which dosent seem too good.

Horray Quiest!

Quiest

I like turtles!
xnopasaranx said:
I am in love with Blocked! This morning I hope up and noticed my gp2x still being on... I must have played Blocked until I fell asleep yesterday night ^^.

sam fisher said:
Ruckage had to explain the premise between polarium and unicolour so I could play it but its great now i know how!
You know, you could have also taken a look at the readme, and the youtube link provided in the readme. That explains it very well :p

greenmikey said:
What kinda scores are others getting?
My highscore is around 19000 :D

ruckage

Certified Guru
Quiest said:
sam fisher said:
Ruckage had to explain the premise between polarium and unicolour so I could play it but its great now i know how!
You know, you could have also taken a look at the readme, and the youtube link provided in the readme. That explains it very well :p
I told him that but he must have been too lazy :p . Actually getting quite addicted to unicolor now I know what I'm doing but I have noticed volume control doesn't seem to work in this either (at least not for me).

jbrodack

gp2x fan
Website
jbrodack.googlepages.com
being that those are your first gp2x games using sdl and not fenix not too surprising volume control isn't working. that was a common issue for a lot of earlier games or first time games.

also any idea when a fixed version of floaters will be coming? not to be annoying im just looking forward to it.

Quiest

I like turtles!
Volume control is just not working cause I commented it out of one of my functions o_O I don`t even know why I did it, but its the easiest bug to fix, just removing a /* and a */ :p

I`m sorry for the delay about the fixed version of Floaters but I have to compile it at home to test and then bring it to work to upload the next day, and I had no time yesterday evening to do that. Maybe tomorrow (tho I can`t promise).

Alex.

Retired
I tried all 3, very nice Quiest, but whatever happened to the fourth? :D

I love the water effect in Floaters, it has the makings of a great game. I look forward to the update. Original homebrew at its best :)

Blocked is more difficult than it seems, but that's all part of the fun. Interesting concept, brings fresh spin to the match-3 type puzzlers, and it reproduces the original flash game's feel very well. I like all the skins, although I find the default one to be the most visible.

Unicolor is addictive and very polished. I like the idea of unlocking 3 puzzles at a time, it forces you to actually use your head instead of just picking the 'easy' ones. I never played Polarium (that's the one, right?) before, so I watched the video you linked to and all was well. For some reason I kept trying to make vertical lines the same colour instead of the horizontal :lol:

Thanks for the nice games Quiest :)

Quiest

I like turtles!
Thanks for your comments :)

And, heh, which 4th?
*looks around*
Who said something of a fourth game???
*hides*

I just couldn`t get it working fast enough on the 2X :( but I think I will release it soon, hopefully fast enough... *hides again*

CC4

Still Fresh
Website
htt
out of the three, i really like blocked the best. very addictive puzzle game, and i like the choice of tilesets. it took a while to get the hang of it, like only getting a score of 9 or something. now i'm getting close to 3000. wondering what a decent score is... the included music seems to suit the game.

Quiest

I like turtles!
My highscore lies around 18k :)
I should have mentioned in the readme, the more deletes you get in a row (without moving blocks and nothing happens), the more score you will get, i.e. 3 blocks 9, then three blocks again 12, another three blocks 15, and so on (the more blocks at once, the better).