Please Help With Sega Cd/picodrive Emu

cresendo

Still Fresh
So I have a good handful of emus on my caanoo, and the only problem I have is with Sega CD. I have the bios and all, but it won't load any games. I think my problem might be with where I put my bios, but I am not 100%. Can someone help me with a detailed descript on how they have theirs set up?

Thanks!

cresendo said:
So I have a good handful of emus on my caanoo, and the only problem I have is with Sega CD. I have the bios and all, but it won't load any games. I think my problem might be with where I put my bios, but I am not 100%. Can someone help me with a detailed descript on how they have theirs set up?

Thanks!

It's in the readme of the emulator

To play any game, you need BIOS files. These files must be copied to
the same directory as PicoDrive files.
Files can be named as follows:

US: us_scd1_9210.bin us_scd2_9306.bin SegaCDBIOS9303.bin
EU: eu_mcd1_9210.bin eu_mcd2_9303.bin eu_mcd2_9306.bin
JP: jp_mcd1_9112.bin jp_mcd1_9111.bin
these files can also be zipped.

Besides, there is an "I need help section" in the forums, where this questions would much better be placed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I didn't see that when I posted it. Also, I have read the readme file and did it as it says. At least I am pretty sure I did, but the games still won't load up. I am a novice at this, so I could very easily be misinterpreting something.

You should explain how exactly the games don't load, error message, hang at Sega logo?
Also note that jap region games are broken for some reason.

notaz said:
You should explain how exactly the games don't load, error message, hang at Sega logo?
Also note that jap region games are broken for some reason.

Well, it never even gets to the sega cd screen. It just resets every time I try to boot up the game. I am trying Sonic CD, which I hear has caused some problems, and Snatcher, which I haven't heard anything about.

Resets? Still not clear enough, what resets, the emu, Caanoo itself?

I guess it's BIOS problem, you probably misnamed them (names are case sensitive).

notaz said:
Resets? Still not clear enough, what resets, the emu, Caanoo itself?

I guess it's BIOS problem, you probably misnamed them (names are case sensitive).

Okay, my bad. When I go to the load ROM screen, on the Picodrive menu and select a Sega CD game, it flashes and goes right back to the load ROM screen for the Picodrive. it never leaves the Picodrive main menu.

Back