Release PND Manager

Are you talking about running chmod via cygwin on all the extracted files prior to opening? It would be nice if calcs could be used to set all these permissions.
Well the way I do it is to call the chmod contained in the cygwin package recursively on all files later passed to mkquashfs (so I call chmod.exe -R 755 [folder to compress]).

I dunno whether that is the best way to do it, but it surely works.

Are you talking about running chmod via cygwin on all the extracted files prior to opening? It would be nice if calcs could be used to set all these permissions.
Well the way I do it is to call the chmod contained in the cygwin package recursively on all files later passed to mkquashfs (so I call chmod.exe -R 755 [folder to compress]).

I dunno whether that is the best way to do it, but it surely works.

Okay this is weird, if I put quotes the source folder for mksquashfs, it doesn't hold the permissions set via chmod.

This removes the permission (same results even if the source path isn't in quotes).

Code:
mksquashfs.exe "c:\mksquashfs2\getiplayer" "c:\mksquashfs2\getiplayer1.pnd" -nopad -no-recovery -force-uid 1000 -force-gid 1001

But this works (provided I'm in the mksquashfs directory

Code:
mksquashfs.exe getiplayer "c:\mksquashfs2\getiplayer1.pnd" -nopad -no-recovery -force-uid 1000 -force-gid 1001

Also tested this with the version of mksquashfs that comes with PNDTools. I'm wondering why specifying the full path for the source wipes the permissions.

Okay this is weird, if I put quotes the source folder for mksquashfs, it doesn't hold the permissions set via chmod.

This removes the permission (same results even if the source path isn't in quotes).

Code:
mksquashfs.exe "c:\mksquashfs2\getiplayer" "c:\mksquashfs2\getiplayer1.pnd" -nopad -no-recovery -force-uid 1000 -force-gid 1001

Code:
mksquashfs.exe getiplayer "c:\mksquashfs2\getiplayer1.pnd" -nopad -no-recovery -force-uid 1000 -force-gid 1001

Also tested this with the version of mksquashfs that comes with PNDTools. I'm wondering why specifying the full path for the source wipes the permissions.

I suspect this has to do with the POSIX path names, if you call mksquashfs with the path

Code:
"c:\mksquashfs2\getiplayer1.pnd"

it will give you a warning as the "proper" POSIX path equivalent (expected by any cygwin application) is

Code:
"cygdrive/c/mksquashfs2/getiplayer1.pnd"

maybe give that one a try.

foxblock out

Last edited by a moderator:

Code:

Code:

I suspect this has to do with the POSIX path names, if you call mksquashfs with the path

Code:
"c:\mksquashfs2\getiplayer1.pnd"

it will give you a warning as the "proper" POSIX path equivalent (expected by any cygwin application) is

Code:
"cygdrive/c/mksquashfs2/getiplayer1.pnd"

maybe give that one a try.

foxblock out

Yup that fixed it, new version with new extractor that will add chmod/required dlls if you don't already have it (from cygwin or installed else where).

Latest version: v1.0.1.4 Includes Self Extracting copy of mksquashfs/cygwin1.dll/chmod.exe/cygintl-8.dll/cygiconv-2.dll/cyggcc_s-1.dll

Added step to chmod Files being added to squashfs to 755

Using Cygwin style paths for mksquashfs/chmod to allow proper function(cygdrive/<path>, provided by foxblock)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried using this, but looks like my version of Windows is too old (2000).

Yeah, Windows 2000 left extended support in 7/13/2010. I'm using .NET 3.5 for this application, which is only supported on Windows XP and newer (for PC OS) and Windows Server 2003 and newer (for Server OS). If there really is a demand for older MS OS support I can probably switch back to .net 2.0 (which supports 2000 SP3 and newer, and Windows 98 or newer).

Back