PND Scan

Eight Bit

Hardcore Member
Website
Visit site
So I have this 320GB HDD

This afternoon I tried putting pnd's on it in a pandora folder and they all showed up in my menu and desktop. I even ran android from the USB Host HDD.

Then, later on I put some music and video files on the harddisk as well and now it doesn't want to read the pnd's anymore.

I tried all sort of combinations to try and make the pandora scan for the Pnd´s but to no avail.

I then tried putting my pnd's on a 64GB SD card and that isn't scanned either.

Then I put them back on the 32GB card and that works flawlessly.

All of them are FAT32... I find it weird that it did work this afternoon and now it doesn't anymore.

Dmesg says Can´t find valid FAT filesystem

Invalid Media value (0xb9)

but I can browse the SD card and HDD no problem.

Does anyone have a clue how to fix this?

Yes they are. Rebooting doesn't change anything. The Pandora just doesn't scan the new drive for PND's anymore.

Tbh, I changed nothing except putting more music on the harddisk. I did that with a windows machine though, could that have screwed something up?

Yes they are. Rebooting doesn't change anything. The Pandora just doesn't scan the new drive for PND's anymore.

Tbh, I changed nothing except putting more music on the harddisk. I did that with a windows machine though, could that have screwed something up?
Did you eject the card/hdd properly before removing it from the system ?

Does reformatting those devices help ?

Edit:

I remember MiniMenu having an menu option that allowed to bump a rescan process - its a (very, very) longshot but maybe it adds something to nail down the problem by trying that and looking at the output/log

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps the mount point has changed (and is now outside of libpnd's sight).

There is a config file that tells the pnd scan where to look; its likely that your mountpoint is outside of that, so you may need to update the config file (either in NAND or put an override file on one of the SD cards or hdd itself .. but only one override file, the first one found, will take.)

Which environment.. mmenu, xfce, or another?

jeff

That sounds viable :) Strange that it did work earlier... I did juggle a bit with SD cards and the drive...

I use xfce, where can I find this config file?

That sounds viable :) Strange that it did work earlier... I did juggle a bit with SD cards and the drive...

I use xfce, where can I find this config file?
IIRC should be /etc/pandora/conf for most of the defaults (though may be overriden)

Check through there, notably 'desktop':

9 [desktop]

10 searchpath      /media/*/pandora/desktop:/media/*/pandora/apps  # path to depth-search for PXMLs and pnd-files

14 [menu]

15 searchpath      /media/*/<1>:/media/*/pandora/menu:/media/*/pandora/apps:/usr/pandora/apps      # path to depth-search for PXMLs and pnd-files

There is also 'apps' file which has a more global variation of those as well.

The conf fgile comments should define the rules (ie: <1> has a depth limit, etc)

jeff

14 [menu]
15 searchpath      /media/*/<1>:/media/*/pandora/menu:/media/*/pandora/apps:/usr/pandora/apps      # path to depth-search for PXMLs and pnd-files

Great! That did the trick, somehow my SD Card was mentioned there by it's label instead of the *

I changed the SD card name to the asterisk and rebooted. After that it worked again.

Weird that something changed it I´m sure I hadn't.

Thanks Skeezix!

Back