Beta Pnd_Run.sh Patch

mindlord said:
What exactly did you patch here? I'm curious.
I just tidied up a couple of if statements that were giving errors, one because the variable wasn't defined, and the other because of using an assignment rather than comparison operator... But I'm no bash expert B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sphinxter said:
Expect everyone to download, unzip, get the other, run diff and look?
Huh?
Well I suppose I could have posted this to the bug tracker... But then is there any official guidance about where to stuff patches?
As to what it does for the end user? It helps track down issues with running pnd files, as two spurious (in most cases) error messages no longer appear in the /tmp log file.

Sphinxter said:
Expect everyone to download, unzip, get the other, run diff and look?

I downloaded and ran "patch pnd_run.sh pnd_run.patch" and renamed file to pnd_run.sh.patch. Compared with the original I received:
Code:
noisome-openpandora:/usr/pandora/scripts/backup# diff pnd_run.sh.orig pnd_run.sh.patch
19c19
<
---
> cpuspeed=0
173c173
<                       if [ $FILESYSTEM = vfat ]; then # use noplink on fat, dont on other fs's
---
>                       if [ x$FILESYSTEM == xvfat ]; then # use noplink on fat, dont on other fs's

Here is the actual file in the zip:
Code:
*** /media/sda1/pnd_run.sh      Fri Jun 25 09:39:52 2010
--- /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh     Fri Jun 25 09:25:54 2010
*** 16,22 ****
  #add options to just mount iso without union and to mount the union later
  #cleanup
  #Rewrite! - this sucks
!
  # parse arguments
  TEMP=`getopt -o p:e:a:b:s:m::u::n::x::j:c: -- "$@"`

--- 16,22 ----
  #add options to just mount iso without union and to mount the union later
  #cleanup
  #Rewrite! - this sucks
! cpuspeed=0
  # parse arguments
  TEMP=`getopt -o p:e:a:b:s:m::u::n::x::j:c: -- "$@"`

*** 170,176 ****
                        echo "mounting union!"
                        FILESYSTEM=$(mount | grep "on $MOUNTPOINT " | grep -v rootfs | awk '{print $5}' | tail -n1) #get filesystem appdata is on to determine aufs options
                        echo "Filesystem is $FILESYSTEM"
!                       if [ $FILESYSTEM = vfat ]; then # use noplink on fat, dont on other fs's
                                #append is fucking dirty, need to clean that up
                                sudo mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs=$MOUNTPOINT/pandora/appdata/$BASENAME=rw+nolwh:/mnt/pnd/$BASENAME=rr$append none /mnt/utmp/$BASENAME # put union on top
                                else
--- 170,176 ----
                        echo "mounting union!"
                        FILESYSTEM=$(mount | grep "on $MOUNTPOINT " | grep -v rootfs | awk '{print $5}' | tail -n1) #get filesystem appdata is on to determine aufs options
                        echo "Filesystem is $FILESYSTEM"
!                       if [ x$FILESYSTEM == xvfat ]; then # use noplink on fat, dont on other fs's
                                #append is fucking dirty, need to clean that up
                                sudo mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs=$MOUNTPOINT/pandora/appdata/$BASENAME=rw+nolwh:/mnt/pnd/$BASENAME=rr$append none /mnt/utmp/$BASENAME # put union on top
                                else

Back