Beta Pnd_Run.sh

well, for the reboot part, it seem to be a cleanup issue, after removing everything from /mnt/utmp and /mnt/pnd i can mount the pnd again, so now im back to trying to figure how it happened in the first place.

Jey123456 said:
Im having a read through the pnd_run.sh script see if i can see what could be the cause of that, but chance are you might have some suggestions on which part precisely to investigate xD.
So you had the symlink triggered.
Check line 209 , if loopmountedon is set, then you will trigger the symlink creation (see line 270, also the comment on line 268 is very true)

Last edited by a moderator:
yep, sure look like it XD.

know why it exist in the first place ?

i think it happened after i killed the pnd_run.sh script during my tests, because it had locked up everything xD. it might have badly cleaned up, then from here, it went from bad to worse.

It seems like I'm having trouble with the 2011-03-22 version of Mupen64, as described in this thread. If I run a game from the non-PickleLauncher GUI, the Pandora button does not function properly, so the only way to quit is a hard-reset of my system. God Ginrai (who hasn't installed the new pnd_run.sh) has no such problem.

I'm sorry that it's taken me so long to report back with info on my progress with this fix. Unfortunately, I don't come bearing good news. :(

Since installing this version of pnd_run.sh, my Pandora takes two to three times longer to start up, and according to the status LEDs it spends a *really* long time thrashing the SD Card in slot one for no apparent reason during this very long boot-up process (I don't know why - I am booting from the NAND). You know how the boot-up progress bar increases in spurts? It happens right after the first part of the bar is filled in, and it stays there thrashing the SD Card for aaaaaaaaaaaages.

Moreover, I've noticed a behaviour that I haven't seen since Hotfix 3! The card in slot one (my main one, and also the one that I happened to install this pnd_run.sh from) is oftentimes not mounted once I get into the OS, and I have to click it out of the Pandora and back in again before it will be mounted - sometimes I will need to do this two or three times before it will finally mount the card. The card itself is fine, and this has only been happening since installing the newer pnd_run.sh.

Last of all, unfortunately, whilst it has reduced the frequency of the "PND could not be mounted" error message, it has not eliminated it. In fact, when it occurs, it is now worse, as it locks up the system much more quickly than it did with a plain Hotfix 5 installation.

All of this is on a Pandora that is booting from NAND, which was updated to Hotfix 5 shortly after the Pandora was received.

Prometheus said:
All your issues seems unrelated to my script imho.
Would you restaur the pnd_run.sh from HF5 and check again :
Code:
sudo mv /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh.2011* /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh

If you dont have these issues anymore, let me know.
Else something got wrong in your installation (dont know what) then reflash.

I have no idea if it's related to this or not, but I downloaded some programs from milkshake's repo (GIMP and PNDStore) and they didn't show up in the menu until after I rebooted. Also, PNDStore refuses to start. Is there a way to uninstall this, so I can test to see if any problems are related to it or not?

Esn said:
I have no idea if it's related to this or not, but I downloaded some programs from milkshake's repo (GIMP and PNDStore) and they didn't show up in the menu until after I rebooted. Also, PNDStore refuses to start. Is there a way to uninstall this, so I can test to see if any problems are related to it or not?

answering with a quote
Code:

edit: :ph34r:

Ok, I did that and got the mesage:

mv: target `/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh' is not a directory

Is that normal?

EDIT: oops, nevermind, usr=username... right...

EDIT2: no, that doesn't work...
mv: cannot stat `/esn/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh.2011*': No such file or directory

EDIT3: If I run the hotfix5 pnd installer again, would that be a surefire way of removing it?

Tempel said:
Aww, you make me sound like I'm trying to dodge responsibility :p . It was suggested by another user who had the same problem, which was fixed by reflashing. I have no way to test, so sebt3, let me know if there's a problem in PNDstore that I can fix.
it was my bug :blush:
(setting application argument to something starting with a "-" was somewhat forbidden...)

That's fixed (pnd updated)

Thank you, PNDStore works with the new version.

However, I'm still unable to quit from the new 2011-03-22 version of Mupen64 (if I start a game from the "config" GUI, Pandora button does not work. If I press it, the emulator becomes really slow and the screen begins flickering with that popup window of what should be closed, but I can't actually select anything). People who're using the original Hotfix 5 don't have that problem; if they press the Pandora button, the emulator quits.

Again, don't know if that's your fault or PokeParadox's, just pointing out a bug...

a couple of issues (this could be related to pndstore not sure?)

- when i open thunar it launches as a reduced window size
- cannot copy paste anymore in thunar on one sdcard; it works on another?

edit/

issue 2 was to do with my sdcard, after scan and repair on winxp system card okay and i can copy/paste

issue 1 still remains though, maybe a setting somewhere in xfce?

sebt3 said:
Prometheus said:
All your issues seems unrelated to my script imho.
Would you restaur the pnd_run.sh from HF5 and check again :
Code:

If you dont have these issues anymore, let me know.
Else something got wrong in your installation (dont know what) then reflash.
Sorry for the slow response again, Seb!

I have restored the Hotfix 5 pnd_run.sh, and the issues that I described before have been fixed by doing this.

Sorry for the double-post, but I have something to add to my previous one, and I just want to make sure it's seen. :p

It turned out that the SD Card with which I encountered these issues is a problematic one that doesn't play right with the Pandora (my understanding of it is that some manufacturers use iffy controller hardware and that some high-speed cards draw a bit too much power, and this was seemingly a card with one or both of those two issues) - the thrashing issue, whilst it mysteriously got much worse with the newer pnd_run.sh, seems to be entirely to do with what turned out to be a malfunctioning card.

I've replaced that card with a good, reliable SanDisk one, now, and have installed the newer pnd_run.sh again from that card - everything seems to be fine, so far. :)

I just thought that I'd better let you know!

Back