PNDconfig / appdata problem

milinks

Over the last few days my pandora has been playing up, in that it won't now play certain pnds properly, such as PPSSPP, which now shows just a blue screen upon startup (ive deleted both the pnd and the relevant appdata folder, but still get just a blue screen). One thing i have noticed is that when starting PNDconfig, it now shows the warning "The appdata folder seems damaged. Application data will be reset!"

Ive done "scan appdata for orphans" and "apply default configs" however the warning continues, as does the problem with ppsspp, i'm not sure they are linked, but seeking advice on how to recitfy this please :)

Over the last few days my pandora has been playing up, in that it won't now play certain pnds properly, such as PPSSPP, which now shows just a blue screen upon startup (ive deleted both the pnd and the relevant appdata folder, but still get just a blue screen). One thing i have noticed is that when starting PNDconfig, it now shows the warning "The appdata folder seems damaged. Application data will be reset!"

Ive done "scan appdata for orphans" and "apply default configs" however the warning continues, as does the problem with ppsspp, i'm not sure they are linked, but seeking advice on how to recitfy this please :)
Filesystem corruption?

If it's a FAT32 formated SDCard, may be use a Windows PC to fix the filesystem.

If it's a Ext2, you can fix the problem directly from the Pandora.

Filesystem corruption?

If it's a FAT32 formated SDCard, may be use a Windows PC to fix the filesystem.

If it's a Ext2, you can fix the problem directly from the Pandora.
:( I've scanned both the cards, which are FAT32, on PC, which did pick up errors, unfortunately the same issues are still there. I've cleared and regenerated the scripts in PNDconfig to no avail.

My own take would be to start from a fresh card, and just put all the .pnds and ROMS on it.

Then - let it create your appdata fresh.

If there's anything from your old appdata you want to save...try putting them in from the old card one at a time.  Anything that doesn't mess you up...you just saved.

If it DOES mess you up at some point...just take out the most-recent add, and see if you get back to where you were.  and then that would be apdata you won't be able to save.

I've had to re-build my own appdata file a few times that way - mostly as a result of pandafe messing up my appdata.  I have all but given up on using Pandafe, because I just canot make it work right.  It always messes up my file system.

Ive managed to address the PNDconfig issue, i just dont know why PPSSPP is no longer working, I've deleted the appdata folder and the PND, restarted etc but i still get the blue screen, Is there anywhere else that is holding settings that i need to delete to make a fresh install?

One thing ive noticed that pressing the Pandora buttonto quit the PPSSPP app, there is a box open that says "please choose your preferred web browser now and click to proceed"

I have no idea why its choosing to do this, ad only does it with the PPSSPP app

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive managed to address the PNDconfig issue, i just dont know why PPSSPP is no longer working, I've deleted the appdata folder and the PND, restarted etc but i still get the blue screen, Is there anywhere else that is holding settings that i need to delete to make a fresh install?

One thing ive noticed that pressing the Pandora buttonto quit the PPSSPP app, there is a box open that says "please choose your preferred web browser now and click to proceed"

I have no idea why its choosing to do this, ad only does it with the PPSSPP app
I'll check that point with ppsspp.

Back