Pandora PNDs I'd like to see...

DAP

1) Loxodo This is a python script that is compatible with the file format of the windows "PasswordSafe" program. Since it is a python script, I'm not sure if this needs to be a PND, but I'm a newbe with Pandora and don't know any better yet. (it arrived yesterday after a four year two month wait).

2) Any type of RPN calculator. GRPN would be fine, an emulator that ran one of the HP calculators firmware would be better.

3) Mozilla Thunderbird. (It is the devil I know)

4) LibreOffice, or at least a spreadsheet & word processor that uses open document formats natively. (use this both at work and at home).

5) Skype. Yah, I know, proprietary, owned by Microsoft, unreliable, horrible echo cancellation, so fat chance. But everything else I've tried is far worse.

I looked through the repository and did not find these. If I missed something, please point me at it. Thanks.

1) Loxodo This is a python script that is compatible with the file format of the windows "PasswordSafe" program. Since it is a python script, I'm not sure if this needs to be a PND, but I'm a newbe with Pandora and don't know any better yet. (it arrived yesterday after a four year two month wait).

2) Any type of RPN calculator. GRPN would be fine, an emulator that ran one of the HP calculators firmware would be better.
I should be able to package the first one up once I get my pandora back from repair. As for the second one, any particular HP calculator? I've been meaning to port one of the various HP calc emulators for a while.

I should be able to package the first one up once I get my pandora back from repair. As for the second one, any particular HP calculator? I've been meaning to port one of the various HP calc emulators for a while.

Thanks.

I don't really have a preference which HP calculator, just don't emulate the flaky buttons of some of the more recent HP calculators. (I had an emulator for my iQue 3600 that emulated some HP calculators down to the flaky buttons.)

4) LibreOffice, or at least a spreadsheet & word processor that uses open document formats natively. (use this both at work and at home).

Did you try Abiword in the repo and GNumeric ? Note, Gnumeric is broken for graphics, though. But it works fine with calculations.

For Skype, you are out of luck, it will not run on Pandora nor on Android for Pandora, either.

I just installed Loxodo on a Kubuntu machine and was reminded of some undocumented dependencies...

It requires that python-wxgtk2.8, python-wxversion and their dependencies be installed.

I'm also thinking that GRPN might do most of what I need a RPN calculator for. The emulators tend to emulate the limitations of the HP calculators as completely as their features (small display, heavy re-use of keys etc). That being said, I own an HP-41CX and an HP49G+, so I guess I would have a preference for one of those emulators.

Jumpman uses GL, and the iPhone version uses GL|ES but it is a complete rewrite using lots of Apple-specific stuff.

I just installed Loxodo on a Kubuntu machine and was reminded of some undocumented dependencies...

It requires that python-wxgtk2.8, python-wxversion and their dependencies be installed.

I'm also thinking that GRPN might do most of what I need a RPN calculator for. The emulators tend to emulate the limitations of the HP calculators as completely as their features (small display, heavy re-use of keys etc). That being said, I own an HP-41CX and an HP49G+, so I guess I would have a preference for one of those emulators.
Loxodo in terminal mode works fine. I'll look at hp emulators soon.

Is it completely opensource? Looks like you can only download source for the engine?

It should be straight forward to convert.

Last edited by a moderator:
If no one tries, I can add it to my numerous other project, and git a try sometimes... I have less and less times and more and more projects

A 3D Racing game for Pandora like for example torcs or Vdrift (I know that those games can't be easily ported for Pandora but it is great to dream :p )

That would be great !

I'd personally really like to see VDrift on the pandora, but that (when properly done) would propably need a lot of real coding work including a GLES renderer, maybe some other optimization (physics? i dunno) and the usual controls mapping.

I would like to see Libre Office, Assault Cube and Alien Arena PND's..... my vote is guaranteed if anyone ports them during the Compo!

Here, find a beta of Jumpman.

*EDIT* MesaGL version removed, use the Hardware accelerated one on the repo by linuxbochs.

As _wb_ mentionned earlier, Jumpman use GL. This version is compiled against MesaGL so it is a bit slow sometimes. But in think it is playable (never played it before, so no idea of what the correct speed is).

Getting GLES, as _wb_ also said, is quite hard as iJumpman doesn't share code with Jumpman...

Back