Pocketsnes Directory Issue

metalhammer

Still Fresh
Hi All,

I'd like first of all to introduce myself into this wonderful world and forum ;)

I'm playing video games since more than 25 years and I saw most of them as arcades well before getting ported/converted to main home consoles/computer systems; when I red (recently) that a new console such small that you can carry it in your hand would have been able to play almost all of them (independently of the original system) I bought it straight away :lol:

...I'm talking about the Wiz of course ;)

So many, many thanks to all of you (especially the emulators developers!) for helping an old gamer's dream come true !

Let's now step into the reason for this new topic:

- I installed PocketSnes and I created a sub folder into the application own one containing the SNES roms
- now when, from the menu, I try to select a rom (Load Rom) it gives me the '..' option together with 'main menu'
- anyway if I select the '..' to go one level up in the path, the screen just refreshes and brings me back to the same choice

basically it looks like selecting the '..' doesn't work at all :(

Any help with this would be really appreciated !

Cheers !

Hi,

I had the same problem after installing it the first time. I just deleted it from the SD card and installed it again, it works fine since then, no idea why. Try it out.

btw I found a new test version of PocketSNES on gp2xspain by google translator wich features screen stretching and proper overclocking for the wiz, can't find it right now though :( . It rocks!

Hi,

I had the same problem after installing it the first time. I just deleted it from the SD card and installed it again, it works fine since then, no idea why. Try it out.

btw I found a new test version of PocketSNES on gp2xspain by google translator wich features screen stretching and proper overclocking for the wiz, can't find it right now though :( . It rocks!
...I think you're referring at the following thread on gp32spain ;) :

http://www.gp32spain.com/foros/showthread.php?t=64517

...according to what I quickly saw there (I can read Spanish a bit !) it looks to be really cool !

have fun ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jup, that's the one, thanks for the links. Overclocking is nice for some games, but for me screen stretching is the killer feature, I dont like the black bars on the sides, especially on such a compact screen. A matter of taste.

...hi guys :)

as I said in another topic, this version of PocketSNES does its job pretty well ;)

I set the CPU speed to 560Mhz with transparencies on and 22Khz sound: almost everything runs at 50fps !

Just Castlevania Vampire's Kiss drops occasionally to 27fps but it's still playable so I'd say we're definitely on the right way ;)

Back