Pocketsnes V6.3 F200 By Headoverheels

imhotep said:
Rivroner said:
A new version has been released :) :
Nothing in the readme. Anyone know anything about it?

headoverheels;630761 said:
Os subo los fuentes. Esta versión lleva los siguientes cambios:
- Soporte del chip C4. Con esta versión funcionan MegamanX 2 y 3.
- Corregido problema con los textos en alta resolución en juegos como Seiken Densetsu 3
- Añadidas optimizaciones del código del DSP cogidas del emulador snes9xTYL de Yoyofr
- En las F200 se reduce el volumen a la mitad.

-Basically he says that C4 chip is now supported (MegamanX2,X3,..)
-Problems with high resolution text in games like Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana2) have been solved.
-Added DSP optimizations from snes9xTYL of Yoyofr.
-F200 sound level now is lower :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's nice to see this emulator being updated again. I'm excited to be able to play MMX2 and 3 now.

However, this release seems to cause the sound to be a few pitches too high, which is slightly annoying when you've heard the songs in the games at the correct pitch all your life.

I tried megaman x2 and seiken densetsu 3 they woirk fine, I notice that some sounds like the charged buster of megaman sounds the same way as in squidgesnes (wrong pitch) this is also noticeable in SD3

the C4 emulation is slightly faster compared to squidgesnes but without transparencies.

tested @270mhz ram timings on

thanks for this update :)

shinra said:
I tried megaman x2 and seiken densetsu 3 they woirk fine, I notice that some sounds like the charged buster of megaman sounds the same way as in squidgesnes (wrong pitch) this is also noticeable in SD3

the C4 emulation is slightly faster compared to squidgesnes but without transparencies.

tested @270mhz ram timings on

thanks for this update :)
I haven´t notice that sound problem.Have you put the sound at 22000 hz at least? MMU HACK ON?

Awesome!

I'm glad that the emulator is being developed for again. All thanks to the awesome developers and availability of source code I suppose.

Keep up the good work!

Anyone notice any speed improvements in other games because of optimizations?

Whats the difference between the regular and "fast" versions?

I don't suppose anyone could comment on how well SMT I & II work. I have been chomping at the bit to get the F-200 once the semester is over, and I want to spend my Xmas vacation playing some Shin Megami Tensei.

I've tried to download from the link on the previous page, but keep getting an error message in Spanish saying "Attached File specified invalid. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster" (translated)

Is it hosted anywhere else?

Rangoth the Quasi-Evil said:
Is anyone working on emulation for the FX chip that appeared in Mario RPG for the SNES? :D
No. I don't believe anyone is. Even if it's worked on you're going to have to use fameskip 8 or 9. It would be like playing a slide show.

Rangoth the Quasi-Evil said:
Is anyone working on emulation for the FX chip that appeared in Mario RPG for the SNES? :D
Probably not since many regular SNES games are not even full speed yet without alot of frameskip. It would probably be a better idea to get those up to speed before worrying about the couple of FX games ;)

I'm going to bump this one more time to see if I can get a response. I apologize, but my decision kind of hinges on this at the moment.

I don't suppose anyone could comment on how well SMT I & II work. I have been chomping at the bit to get the F-200 once the semester is over, and I want to spend my Xmas vacation playing some Shin Megami Tensei. I'm also thinking about the SFC Metal Max titles since there is a patch for one of them now.

I've have looked through compatibility lists and have only seen it listed on one emulator, but I assume that those lists aren't updated frequently. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ummm...is anyone else having a problem with the button config when using USB pads? I'm using the Retrousb SNES adapters with actual SNES Pads, and they work great for everything else BUT PocketSNES (I know, right? lol...but srsly tho...). Whether I set the config to 'Normal' or 'Swapped', when playing Super Punch Out, my right punches are mapped to the 'select' button and start is mapped to the 'R' button....any suggestions? I'm using v6.3 BTW.

Hi boys, a new and incredible version :)

We can call it 6.4.2 LAst changes are the 11 and 12:

Change History
==============
Changes by HeadOverHeels
1. USB pads support
2. Fixed sky colour for Super Mario World when transparencies are not active.
3. Fixed framerate for PAL games (50 fps) and added an option to configure region (AUTO, NTSC, PAL)
4. Fixed sound problems with some games (Ilussion of Gaia for exmaple)
5. Sound frequencies have been changed (8250,16500) to make GP2X F200 compatible
6. 256x240 games resolution problem have been fixed
7. C4 chip support (Megaman X2, X3)
8. High resolution text support (Seiken Densetsu 3 - Secret of Mana2)
9. Added DSP optimizations from snes9xTYL of Yoyofr.
10. F200 sound level now is lower

11. SDD1 support (Star Ocean & Street Fighter Alpha 2) SDD1 decompressed packs are supported.SDD1GFX.DAT & SDD1GFX.IDX must be copied to a subdirectory named socnsdd1 (for Star Ocean) and sfa2sdd1 (for Street Fighter 2 alpha). Create these subdirectories in the roms directory.If no packs are found, the emulator uses realtime decompression (slower)

12. Other minor fixes and optimizations.

You can download it from gp32spain, maybe you need to register ;)

PocketSnes_6.4.2_HeadOverHeels

ENJOY IT!!!

Back