Point Me At Some Must Have Psp Games.

BaDToaD

"Very" Old Timer
Website
cwhippogames.wixsite.com
Hi all, can you guys give me an idea of some must have PSP games. I'm toying with the idea of getting a PSP and trust your say so more than an other forum. Any game style. I play everything :)

Cheers

ToaD

PS How are you all anyway?

Edit: Damn you can tell I haven't been here for a couple of months I posted in the off topic section instead of other consoles. LOL

I haven't touched my PSP in months (which should tell you about the number of "must play" games) but there are a few gems. I loved GTA: Liberty City Stories. Tokobots is a pretty solid platformer (though not MUST HAVE), and Me and My Katamari is good if you can get past the awkward controls. That's all I can think of right now. The PS1 emulation is fantastic, though, so if you're looking for a portable PS1 then it's a decent buy.

loco roco is good... lego starwars was fun too.

ill try and think of a few more fo you.
also nice to see you again badtoad.

also ive moved this to the right section :D

sensible GP32 said:
loco roco is good... lego starwars was fun too.

ill try and think of a few more fo you.
also nice to see you again badtoad.

also ive moved this to the right section :D
Cheers :)

I read elsewhere in the forums that BTTR is back up too. Excellent :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey BaDToaD!

I got addicted to LocoRoco and Killzone whilst on holiday. They're both great games.

Mercury is a very visually pleasing puzzle game.
I very much enjoyed Grand Theft Auto, Vice City Stories, Second favourite gta so far besides SA.

I have also heard that Daxter and Metal Gear Solid: Portable ops are both great games for the platform.

Stick around this time, it's good to see you here again.

Ravnos said:
The PS1 emulation is fantastic, though, so if you're looking for a portable PS1 then it's a decent buy.
I must admit that is tempting. Can I buy new or do I need a specific FW revision?

BaDToaD said:
Ravnos said:
The PS1 emulation is fantastic, though, so if you're looking for a portable PS1 then it's a decent buy.
I must admit that is tempting. Can I buy new or do I need a specific FW revision?

You'll need to downgrade, though most people here can help you out with that, provided you buy a downgradeable psp. As for games:

Both GTA titles
MGS: Portable Ops
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow (sequal to above game)

Both Syphon Filter titles are SUPERB. Really, they're among the best available on the psp.

daclassicgamingmaster said:
BaDToaD said:
Ravnos said:

You'll need to downgrade, though most people here can help you out with that, provided you buy a downgradeable psp.

You don't need to worry about the PSP model or FW version anymore. Apparently the "jigkick" method will work on any PSP, though I'm pretty sure you will need someone who has a hacked PSP to set up everything for you. I know pspupdates is disliked around here (for valid reasons) but you can find more info about this here. Use noscript though because that site is bogged down with tons of shit.

Edit: There's also a way to play PS1 games legitimately by buying them through the PSN store or whatever, but I'm pretty sure you need a PS3 to do so, and I don't think the selection is all that great. Anyway, I don't know why you would pay for games you already own. It's not piracy if they already have your money.

Ravnos said:
You don't need to worry about the PSP model or FW version anymore. Apparently the "jigkick" method will work on any PSP, though I'm pretty sure you will need someone who has a hacked PSP to set up everything for you. I know pspupdates is disliked around here (for valid reasons) but you can find more info about this here. Use noscript though because that site is bogged down with tons of shit.

Edit: There's also a way to play PS1 games legitimately by buying them through the PSN store or whatever, but I'm pretty sure you need a PS3 to do so, and I don't think the selection is all that great. Anyway, I don't know why you would pay for games you already own. It's not piracy if they already have your money.

Ya, I've downgraded a few now using my Pandora's Battery and a 64MB "magic" memory pro duo card. It's an easy enough process going down from any firmware (even 3.71) to 1.50 and back up again (I go 3.40OE to 3.52MM-4 right now, but I'm going to start using 3.71MM after the next patch comes out). Anyway, you have to use the battery and custom memory card to re-write the firmware directly to 3.60MM if you have a PSP slim, though, and that requires a little more set up. Either way, you have to prep the Pandora's battery and the firmware updates on a PSP that's already running open firmware, so unless you know someone or can find the el-cheapo "mod" services in your local on-line classifieds, you're going to need to use a more conventional method of getting an OE firmware on your system from the first - and I believe that requires a PSP phat with a firmware not higher than 3.50 (but I could be wrong about that - I'm not keeping up since the Pandora's battery makes all that irrelevant to me)...

PSX emulation on the PSP is fantastic - I've played through all three PSX Final Fantasy's, Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, R-Type Delta, and a few other titles on my PSPs - I love it!

Not that it needs reinforcement, but it's only getting better for the PSP.

Interestingly enough, and nicely in the wake of Halo 3 Forge, the Syphon Filter people are making an online-only TPS called "Combat Ops", which features the ability to configure almost everything in the arenas, from weapon pick-ups to spawn points. There's a demo of it on Logan's Shadow.

Although...I'm really just hoping Square make a Front Mission for PSP. Sure, the PSX game is awesome, but I'm hankering for some real mecha strategy.

Oh, and if I could recommend Metal Gear Acid 2. It's the turn-based strategy spin-off from the MGS franchise. MGA2 is a beautiful and fast game to behold. Heaps of fun.

Back