Poll: Do You Like Keybord Font.

Do you like Pandora's keyboard font?

• Yes! It's awesome!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't.

• I don't care what font it is!

• I think font "xyz" will be better. (pls post, im wery interested=D)

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

zxxxy

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I was just wondering.... Does pandora's keyboard font looks cool for you, cause for me actualy it looks like the one used in cheap Chinesse rip-off's <_< (means i dont like it).... and here is the image so you can take a look right now and decide.
PandaFront.jpg

I don't care much and I am not sure it is not final anyways.
A sans-serif font would look much nicer.

Have to say I kinda agree. I was a bit perterbed when I saw them. Its such a rounded heavy typeface and I think something more modern would be better. Sharper and less rounded.

sorry for the attempt to hijack the thread, but i didn't want to open a new topic... does anyone know where the two alt keys are? the blog post just mentions ctrl is mapped to select.

I think that the font is ok, but an another thing popped to me when i looked at that picture,
essentially, are those 'ö' and 'ä' on the Fn-J and Fn-K keys? (I'm pretty sure they are, but not 100%)
If so, it's great that they've thought about non-english characters too :)
Now i'm only worried about how writing Ö and Ä will work because i read somewhere that the pandora's main keyboard can recognize only 2 keys at once
(eg. Shift-Fn-J = 'Ö' wouldn't work (and oh, if you pressed Fn-Shift, it would be Caps Lock...)).
Having to do Fn-Shift (capslock on) Fn-J (ö) Fn-Shift (capslock off) for 'Ö' could be a bit stressing but i can live with that, i was already prepared to IM with no scandinavian keys.

I think a standard san-serif font would fit the Pandora better. A serif font on a keyboard just looks out of place.

Btw, why do we have Ö but not Å? How are we supposed to write Ångström then? :p

Edit: removed the huge pic since it got reposted at the top.

Letter "Ö" looks like
001.gif
. by the way... look at this!Look into his eyes!
004.gif

ow... soz.. images dont work.. plz delete this post someone cuz i dont know how......

It looks like that keyboard is the international keyboard for pandora. I hope that is not the one shipped to the US and UK. Are commas "," not going to be used? Because I dont see it there.

I wish all the key mappings accomplished something...

I dont like that font either, it looks very "70s" to me.

Remember: it's gonna probably glow in the dark. The more paint we have the ligther glow-in-the-dark is. Therefore I want a BOLD SANS-SERIF.

PS: I can't vote because the "sans-serif" option is missing in the poll. You can't seriously make a poll that includes only "funny" alternatives like hieroglyps, without including the serious alternatives like "serif" and "sans-serif". wtf?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with MDave, any of those he suggests would be preferred to the render. With Calibri being my choice.

MDave said:
Any of these fonts are better:

fonts.jpg
All of them are better in my opinion! For they keyboard I think Corbel, Segoe and Verdana are nice and sharp looking (for example comparing the C in Corbel to the C in Calibri).

I love Century Gothic and Eras, though I dont think they would be as suitable on the keyboard. Thy would make it look very modern but they probably wouldnt show up well in the dark.

Last edited by a moderator:
I registered specifically just to say "Don't you dare use such an ugly dated font on my Pandora - I'll be VERY unhappy if that font is used."

And I agree totally that it looks like the usual nasty font used in cheap generic Chinese products.

Complaint logged - I hope someone listens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back