Poll -- got Pandora and iCP? Yes or no ..

Do you have a Pandora right now, and a iCP right now/soon?

• I have a Pandora and an iCP right now

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I have a Pandora now, and hoping to get iCP soon

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • I have a Pandora, don't care about iCP

Votes: 26 33.8%
  • I'm in the queue continuum, will get a Pandora eventually

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • I don't have a Pandora, but like to goof around in the Pandora forums. Also, I eat cats and magnets.

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters

skeezix

Internal Development
Website
www.codejedi.com
Just trying to get a handle on how many people _have_ both (not will have, but actually have)

To point .. emus working with Pandora and iCP? Do emus need any iCP specific additions to maek them feel better?

(I'm thinking here of course .. TV-Out cable + icP, with Pandora as your do it all console, and how workable it is, and how much work it needs, and if I need to add iCP support into mmenu or if it 'just works' using keyboard mode..)

jeff

IN UR DORA, PLAYIN YOUR EMUZ

Got a Pandora (though it's out for repairs), but no interest in an iCP at this time. Maybe once I get a more powerful laptop and can thus play more games. Though honestly, I'd sooner see the Pandora be made into a usable gamepad for other hardware.

Last edited by a moderator:
will probably get an iCP when i the new iPhone comes out and can jailbreak my current one just not enough games on the app store that support it yet

Given the current state of software in general on the Pandora, you're going to be lucky getting ICP control support into pretty much any of them barring a few notables like Notaz. It's hard enough to get our drive-by porters to support basic pandora controls, let alone anything else!

D.

Of course they do, but who in their right mind would admit to not wanting a Pandora?!

TV-Out cable + icP, with Pandora as your do it all console

This.

It seems to me *obvious* that the ICP function as a second controller for the Pandora... Support for this should be mandatory.

I'm sending my Pandora away for RMA soon and will be receiving an ICP on it's return. I fully expect ICP support on the Pandora as well as fully functioning TV-Out sometime in the future. In my mind this is a priority. Also, the Pandora functioning as a secondary controller for ICP enabled phones... not as much a priority, but still.

Voted, have both, Pandora is in for LCD replacement. Anxiously waiting for tv out cable. My old eyes will be thrilled when I can take pandora output to a larger form factor.. also the 'look at this' factor is awesome when the capabilities can be shown on a large tv.

Twiitcher

I have 2 Pandoras and 2 iCP's .. all of them are wonderful devices being used a lot (mostly with iMAME4All on my iPad). I look forward to the day when the AppStore has iCP-compatible apps for download, though ..

Just the Pandora, for me.

I have no interest in or use for mobile telephones, so by extension I don't have any need for an iControlPad, either. :p

iControlPad's are used on tablets as well, eg. iPad.
well this means i could be a future owner of an ICP i guess, if any of my orders for an HP TouchPad go through, 16gb for $114, or 32gb for $157

Finally, someone eats magnets. Almost lost my faith in humanity there for a minute ;)

Pretty even spread there so far.

I've not tried to work the iCP with my Pandora yet but it shouldn't be hard to get working I should think; struck me it'd be pretty handy to add some iCP-specific (but easy) button mappings into my emus .. just to make getting around menus easier 'while on the remote', that sort of thing. At the same time, as someone who collects real arcade machines and consoles and such, I do think theres something to be said for the 'originals' (Despite being an emu author, its cause an emu is so darned handy, but not a replacement for originals.) More, in the absence of your originals, I'm still thinking its beneficial to have to get off your rear to 'change carts' (or navigate menus to effect it) -- I find it 'cheapens' the games (for quick arcade games anyway) when you can swap them instantly. If you can just hit a button to go to next game, you will. On my arcade machines, even those with rom-picker menus and such, I always keep them on pay-to-play mode and keep a cup of quarters handy, so that it still feels a little more budgeted, makes you engage more. You dont' want to run out of qwuarters, and the keep only has a couple bucks in it, so spend wisely and play hard.

So anyway, I'm thinking it might be handy to add some functions in at least some of my apps for iCP, since sometiems you want to be lazy.. but sometimes it 'takes something away'. Hell with it :)

I'm in a rant mood I guess so, shoudl make a new poll ;) Naturally if you're on the bus or away at school or on lunchbreak at work or whatever, an emu is clearly superior. But what ifg you have a SNES and 20 carts at home, plugged into your TV? Do you play that over an emu, or do you still end up using the emu since its just so handy? But on which do you actually have more fun, and feel more engaged? What about a modded console .. with a flash cart so its still pretty convenient, yet still the original feel?

I just got me an HxC floppy drive emulator box; for old machines where the floppy drive has gone bad, I can just use this guy now and run floppy disk images off SD, and the machin just talks floppy drive protocol. How cool is that?

jeff

But what ifg you have a SNES and 20 carts at home, plugged into your TV? Do you play that over an emu, or do you still end up using the emu since its just so handy?
The console, by far. :p The emulator's handy when away from it, though.

For some reason, the emulator is not as engaging, when I have that option.

It seems to me *obvious* that the ICP function as a second controller for the Pandora... Support for this should be mandatory.

Well, pandora recognizes ICP as an keyboard, mouse or gamepad (depending on iCP settings), however not all emulators allow custom key bindings;

I have both but haven't extensively tested the iCP with the Pandora. I tried to set up some 2P Picodrive games, so i could play with my son but I hit issues. Picodrive recognises the iCP and has a profile for it for single player which works but when you map a 2P scheme, it still activates the single player controls at the same time, so in StreetFighter for example when Player 2 steps forwards or backwards, it causes Player 1 to Punch or Kick. I couldn't quickly figure it out in the end and haven't had much time lately.

I would hope for fully compliance on the Pandora across the board of games and emus one day but perhaps in 2 months eh
wink.gif
The iCP is great though and I dont use phones, just my wifes iTouch. Been enjoying quite a few SNES titles with it and will be getting the universal clamp thing, as it will be far more portable than the clamps. I trimmed a set of the ribber sides down as permanent padding for the iTouch too and it gives a good setup and appearance but the swivel clamp thing will still be a better choice for most people. Need a BT dongle for my laptop then i will use iCP for old PC titles aswell and with friends iPADs and HDMI TV out. I think most folk will want to see greater Official App store Apps offering iCP support aswell before they take the plunge. Good bit of kit though.

I have an ICP but no pandora. I have been confidently predicting my Pandora's arrival as "soon" for nearly three years now.

Back