Poll: Top 20 Mame Games

Altered Beast
Bubble Bobble
Circus Charlie
Donkey Kong
Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros.

That school game is 'mikie'.....used to love headbuttin' the teachers if they got in my way... :D

Umm... Street Fighter 2, and any incarnation of this reason to live?

Also, Fighting Fantasy, which is the working Japanese version of (the non-working U.S. titled) Hippodrome - a great pre-SF2 fighter.

Too many to list. Try Popeye (only bootleg version works)!

I didn't find so many people interested in MAME games and I found list of games that I still haven't played.

But here is my list of MAME ROMs on retrostic.com that I have been playing the past few mounts:

Metal Slug 2 - Super Vehicle
Marvel Vs. Capcom: Clash of Super-Heroes
The Simpsons
Pac-Man
Metal Slug 3
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Out Run
Street Fighter II: The World Warrior
Metal Slug 6
X-Men
Galaga

Last edited:
The Metal slug games would be better off run in an FBA-based emulator I'd have thought. And I'm not sure how well superscaler games like Out Run would fare on the GP2X. And SFA3 is a CPS3 game I'd have thought; was a CPS3 emu ever released for the GP2X? ISTR the security on that platform was only reverse engineered after the GP2X era was kind of over.

But those technical issues aside, not a bad list.

I like
Elevator Action II
LodeRunner
LadyBug
Bomberman world
Mr Driller

but so many more, like mappy, rompers, and a train game, and that weird japanese game, do don pachi, etc...

Does that not smell a little fishy to anyone else? First post in a dead thread and contains a URL to a site possibly containing game roms (I've not visited to find out)?

Reactions: rSl
Does that not smell a little fishy to anyone else? First post in a dead thread and contains a URL to a site possibly containing game roms (I've not visited to find out)?
Yeah I suspect it's a robo account myself. I also suspect that many of the these spam accounts are created to take advantage of this sites messaging system, but I don't really have any concrete proof of that.

You could redact the url, but I'm personally happy to have had this thread been given (new) light. I wouldn't have ever seen it otherwise, and it will be useful reference when I've updated my PiCade to RP4 (when it's eventually supported by Raspbian)

(note to self: only respect artificial 'intelligence' when it likes the same stuff you do. :D)

(note to self: only respect artificial 'intelligence' when it likes the same stuff you do. :D)
Not entirely sure it's a robo account, but I think there is a bit of that here. See a lot of Vietnamese or Romanian fake account profiles. I feel some smarter guys know we delete certain accounts that create a profile with email links that never post anything, so they make a semi relevant post to make them seem more legit. Forum private messaging systems have been known to be used to distribute credit card and identity info as it's not through tradition means that are now being more monitored like IRC and such.

Back