Poll: top games that run well on gpengine

I noticed in that link above that 'Loom' (Lucas Arts Adventure) was released for PC Engine - anyone played this and is it any good?

My personal fav PCE games are: Galaga '88; Super Ghouls & Ghosts; R-Type

Loom was only ever released on PC-Engine CD-ROM, sadly.

I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone mention the PCE version of Salamander - another amazing conversion ^_^

Once got offered £60 ($90+) for my copy of that game alone... needlesss to say, I refused :D

I also like Vigilante... for some strange reason. Never figured out why, because it's a pretty crap game :blink:

Anyone have any idea if the next version of this emu will support state saves of some kind? Just that trying to play PC-Genjin (original version of Bonk) without it is hell unless you have hours to burn- the game is HUGE

::Happily hums along to some PCE synth music in his head::

Always assumed Salamander was a PCE CDROM game only, as I have never seen the non-cdrom version, just proves the point I guess, you learn something everyday

Cheers

MrT

Really? Hmm.... could explain some of the interest I've had of people in the past about it.

At some point I plan to get off my arse and get my website up and running, and one of the things I'll be including will be scans of as much of my console stuff as possible, I've already got all my PCE manuals scanned in ^_^

"Once got offered £60 ($90+) for my copy of that game alone... needlesss to say, I refused "

I had a Hucard of Raiden once ages ago and got offered £100 for it by some bod whilst i was in Raven Games in london !!!

By the way out of interest heres there website - got some interesting stuff on it !!!

http://www.ravengames.co.uk/

I have to admit that I don't keep track of the worth of my games. Some of the silly prices I've seen.... it really drives away a lot of the people who just want to be able to play the games in their original form. Here's a full list of what I have (all japanese with cases, full instructions):

Bari Bari
China Warrior
Dungeon Explorer
Dragon Spirit
Galaga 88
GunHed
Legendary Axe II
Ninja Spirits
PC Genjin
R-Type Part 1
Salamander
Shadowland
Splatterhouse
Vigilante

I just know that last time I looked up PC Engine stuff on eBay it would've cost me at least £300 ($500?) to replace everything that I have, in the condition that I have it in. I have no idea how much they're worth now...

:::Retroid thinks about being able to play all those games on a handheld which doesn't eat batteries in a couple of hours::

A bit late in replying to this thread - but I really think Parodious rocks! It's such a silly game!

If it can do the SFII rom properly, then I would be in heaven! :D

Neutopia and Neutopia 2 are similar to Zelda and aint to shabby

MrT

Back