Populous On Drmd It Does Work!

BaDToaD

"Very" Old Timer
Website
cwhippogames.wixsite.com
Had a quick look round Fluffys compatability site today. Very nice indeed.

I noticed for DrMD it has populous marked as unplayable. It is in fact very playable. Delete the name and use a number instead. eg. delete genesis and put a 1 on it's own then press start the game will then display a level and name etc. press start again and you will get a simple game where you have all options and he has none. Increase the number by a few tens to increase difficulty. Try games in the low 100's and 200's for a bit harder etc.

Don't ask me why I decided to try this. It may have been the original had number input as well as codes or it may be because populous was an all time favorite of mine and I was willing to try anything but whatever the reason I'm just glad I did.

I've wasted hours on this and megalomania already :)

Have fun.

BaDToaD

I remember now back in the MD's life. The cheat was to use level numbers rather than the genereted passwords it gave you. LOL funny how you remember stuff like that now.

BaDToaD posted on May 5 2005 at 04:56 PM said:
Had a quick look round Fluffys compatability site today. Very nice indeed.

I noticed for DrMD it has populous marked as unplayable. It is in fact very playable. Delete the name and use a number instead. eg. delete genesis and put a 1 on it's own then press start the game will then display a level and name etc. press start again and you will get a simple game where you have all options and he has none. Increase the number by a few tens to increase difficulty. Try games in the low 100's and 200's for a bit harder etc.

Don't ask me why I decided to try this. It may have been the original had number input as well as codes or it may be because populous was an all time favorite of mine and I was willing to try anything but whatever the reason I'm just glad I did.

I've wasted hours on this and megalomania already :)

Have fun.

BaDToaD

Hia,

You could always change the status of this game on DrMD or add an additional comment about it :)

TTFN,
Clare.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back