GP32 Port Blender3d To Gp32x

glitchcord

Still Fresh
Hi does anyone know if it would be at all possible to port the opensource 3d app Blender www.blender.org to the gp32. one of the most overlooked aspects of blender is its game engine and it would be great for blenders game developers to have an audience to make games for aside from each other which is generally the case. i dont know much technical stuff except that i think blender relies heavily on opengl, ive done a little search on opengl for the gp32 but all i can find is stuff about a cut down version of opengl.

anyway it would be great if someone could let me know if this is possible or a ridiculous idea. cheers.

glitchcord posted on Oct 24 2006 at 10:47 AM said:
anyway it would be great if someone could let me know if this is possible or a ridiculous idea. cheers.
I don't think it is feasible. It does rely heavily on accelerated 3D graphics, so putting it onto a system that has no decent 3D support is not going to be a happy road to travel down.

Last edited by a moderator:
plounted posted on Oct 24 2006 at 12:34 PM said:
when i saw the title of this thread i laughed.
Seconded :)

- Alex

my mistake, yeh i meant the gp2x but i guess its out of the question then, there some interesting work been done porting blender to pocketpc- check out http://russose.free.fr/BlenderPocket/ but no game engine with that one.

i had thought it would be great to have a real outlet for people making games with blenders game engine as opposed to just relesing them to the community of other blender users, maybe in a few years eh?

shit! blenderpocket? I don't know this version but I'm impressed...
Without OpenGL and render - just version only for provide mesh modeling on the go.. in the bus, than take .blend file to the computer make materials, lights... etc and render it - awesome dreaming about this :)

Blender2X only for modeling! Can be this one done from source code?

psychotron posted on Oct 25 2006 at 08:30 AM said:
shit! blenderpocket? I don't know this version but I'm impressed...
Without OpenGL and render - just version only for provide mesh modeling on the go.. in the bus, than take .blend file to the computer make materials, lights... etc and render it - awesome dreaming about this :)

Blender2X only for modeling! Can be this one done from source code?
The whole blender interface is made in openGL, so a port without GL is quite.. hard..

pepone posted on Oct 25 2006 at 10:03 AM said:
The whole blender interface is made in openGL, so a port without GL is quite.. hard..

Ahh... I don't know that fact... hmm I'm little sad now :huh:

Back