Port Requests

why port a game that is already avaiable via emulation?

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• pndrun_srb2.out.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 154
Is there any chance we have Brutal Doom running on Pandora? it would need ZDoom http://devbuilds.drdteam.org/zdoom/ (the most lightweight doom port able to run Brutal Doom). 

I would be eternally gratefull if this is ported cause It's for me THE BEST GAME EVER!!!! (next to carmageddon which is perfection in the shape of a game) .

And when I can, I will be more than happy to donate a fair amount of money to the porter!

Hey, any chance of getting this on Pandora.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6Iw-POyGhw

Chris
I already compiled it (almost a year ago..) but it was very slow and no so playable and dind't have made a pnd of it, but if someone have idea how to improve the speed..please do and release.
That would be awesome, sadly I lack any kind of programming skills what so ever, so count me out ;)  I'm a HUGE fan of the GnG games, and I didn't even know this game existed until I ran across this video. Hopefully someone here can lend a hand and make it happen. It could also be cool addition to Compo4All.

Chris

Hey, any chance of getting this on Pandora.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6Iw-POyGhw

Chris
I already compiled it (almost a year ago..) but it was very slow and no so playable and dind't have made a pnd of it, but if someone have idea how to improve the speed..please do and release.
That would be awesome, sadly I lack any kind of programming skills what so ever, so count me out ;)  I'm a HUGE fan of the GnG games, and I didn't even know this game existed until I ran across this video. Hopefully someone here can lend a hand and make it happen. It could also be cool addition to Compo4All.

Chris
That GnG Remix looks great :) !!! I may give it a try soon...

I compiled it before you released your first codeblocks PND, so maybe compiling with it...good luck :)

I compiled it before you released your first codeblocks PND, so maybe compiling with it...good luck :)
Well, I just have, and it work well , at least on my gigahertz pandora. I have yet to tweak the settings (force fullscreen, double graphics, default keys) and PNDize it. Than I'll test it on a CC to check if it's playable on all Pandora. Maybe I'll release-it tomorrow or the day after...

*EDIT*, hum, it works well yes, but when the screen is doubled and there is fog... It start to be sluggish. I suppose it's allegro 4 is not accelerated... That may be more difficult to make it faster than I first thought.

Well, I just have, and it work well , at least on my gigahertz pandora. I have yet to tweak the settings (force fullscreen, double graphics, default keys) and PNDize it. Than I'll test it on a CC to check if it's playable on all Pandora. Maybe I'll release-it tomorrow or the day after...

*EDIT*, hum, it works well yes, but when the screen is doubled and there is fog... It start to be sluggish. I suppose it's allegro 4 is not accelerated... That may be more difficult to make it faster than I first thought.
Sounding good so far ptitSeb, I'm sure you'll figure it out. Thanks for the efforts, as this looks like a cool addition to the Pandora library. 

Chris

Here is another nice game, that could be good on the Pandora:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/searchandrescue/
screen1.jpeg

The chopper looks good, but that terrain looks worse than 1980s games, even worse than minecraft!

Let's hope it has gameplay to make up for the lack of foliage.

"Sorry" to the developers... I'm not normally so rude like that - I hope it's a good fun game :p

Shaders. Did you try it with GL2 renamed to libGL.so.1?
I'll take a look. I haven't spend much time on that one. Minimal spec is gl 1.2 card, so it should work with GL1.
With software rendering it is way too slow to be playable (0.5 FPS in game or so on my 1GHz unit). So it certainly needs hardware rendering - or else, a rewrite of the graphics module to make it less demanding (it is after all a rather simple 2D game).
So. I digged a bit on why I have white screen, and the menu use the glFeedbackBuffer, so that will be very difficult to emulate that :( , and I'm not sure on how to workaround this.

glFeedbackBuffer looks like something I can emulate. I might be able to do glSelectBuffer too.

Back