Port Requests

Having just bought the Bullfrog collection on GOG, is there any way that Freesynd or the open source Syndicate Wars engine could be ported to the Pandora?

The open source Syndicate Wars engine has a very large block of x86 assembly. Porting it would be very difficult

There is a Dos Version Out from Syndicate Wars.

Maybe i can make a Run PND for it like The

Dungeon Keeper PND with Qemu in Backround.

Havent tested that Game with Qemu and DRDos yet,

but when that work with the Dos Version then should

you only Copy the Gamefiles into Appdata.

Do you want that i check it?

I've only ever really played the Amiga version of the original so I'd be interested in seeing what the sequel was like. If it doesn't take too much work, I'd certainly like to try out a run PND if it doesn't take too much work for you to compile it?

A Qemu Syndicate Wars starting PND have nothing to do with compiling ;)

Qemu itself emulate a Virtual PC and wenn that Game is a Dosgame can i maybe simply start it over the Appdata Folder over Freedos or DR Dos buildin the PND ;)

Syndicate Wars Dosverson have only one little Problem,no Touchscreen is working then with Dos.

You can play it simply over Nubs as Mouse and Keyboard then.

Little Changes on the Dungeon Keeper PND and it should work then with Syndicate Wars.

But first Testing if it work on Qemu and Freedos ;)

The open source Syndicate Wars engine has a very large block of x86 assembly. Porting it would be very difficult
If you can motivate M-HT or notaz, that alone might not be much of problem.

https://jitsi.org/Main/Download

I like this program, I think it is portable. 

Are there any fellow anthropoids, lily pads or paddlewheels here who are willing to port it? 

I would thank you.

d54ad77335.png

Edit now that this is in the right place: I use Jitsi for private VOIP, I enjoy its encryption and its call recording ability.  Being able to Pandora-use this would open up great new call place opportunities for me.  I noticed Jitsi was recommended by someone here once.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't imagine there's enough of a general interest in it for anyone to muster up that much energy for conversion. I only bought the Bullfrog pack as I was logging into download Little Big Adventure from my GOG account (but thanks in advance to ingoreis if he gets time to set up a QEMU PND!)

I took a look at that assembly blob. Honestly, this is the kind of thing we have ExaGear for ;)

The Demoversion of Syndicate Wars is working without Sound

good on a 1.2ghz clocked Pandora.

Must work on the Sound Settings next Days.

When it work.can i upload a Qemu Image soon with the Demoversion  ;)

I can't imagine there's enough of a general interest in it for anyone to muster up that much energy for conversion. I only bought the Bullfrog pack as I was logging into download Little Big Adventure from my GOG account (but thanks in advance to ingoreis if he gets time to set up a QEMU PND!)
I'm not interested the conversion, but I want to say that you don't need enough general interest to do something like that. (You just need one person.)For example I spent more than 2 months (including 9 day vacation) to convert 1.2MB (more than 50000 lines) of assembly code in The Fulcrum to C so I could do a Pandora release and to this date it was only downloaded 57 times from the repo.

I didn't do it because there was enough general interest, but because I wanted to do it. (To be fair, that was relatively nice structured assembly code and not assembly code generated from executable.)

From what I understand, Exagear is intended as a replacement for QEMU, not to be used in conjunction with it.

Yes both translates x86 code to arm. ut exagear is far more optimized. Especially in floating point operations, which are afaik around 300 lines of code (for a+ B) in qemu for "biggest possible precession". This slows down game like half life a lot, since all vertex transformations (move the models / meshes to their positions) is done by cpu (today its done by the gpu). Each frame. Means 30 times per second. Each frame has 1000 triangles at least. Each triangle has 3 vertices. Each vertex has 8 float (uv, xyz, normal). 3*8*1000 = 24K floating point operations. 24K * 30 frames =  720K operations per second. If you need 300 lines of code for each single operation, you can imagine how slow it will become. Exagear is far better then qemu in this case.

Aw my Godness: :D

I found an Opensource RPG Maker XP and VX player for Linux like EasyRPG.

https://github.com/Ancurio/mkxp
So it's not a straight forward compile in fact.

I had to compile SDL2_sound (done),, libguess (done) and update Ruby to 2.1 (on going), even if it can be run with ruby 1.9, it's strognly advise to update...

After that, I suspect the packaging may be triky (because of that ruby binding).

But the way @ingoreis, do you have link to some free games to tests, in case all goes well enough...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back