Port Requests

"You can receive information like forum posts and files from the rest of the network, but you have no idea about the original source of the information. Retroshare's design ensures you have little idea of who is out there - it is just friends, of friends, of friends, of friends ad infinitum."
This makes me think of 4chan for some reason.

Not really, this is a F2F (friend to friend) network. You could setup a group (e.g. Pandora/Pyra group) and share files, links and chat. 

I don't think you will attract anonymous users that want to post unwelcome stuff. Those users will not be invited to join the group and you need someones invite.  

Of course it will never replace a forum like these boards, but could function as a less moderated forum. There are sometimes links removed from this forum to 'protect' ED. I think that kind of censorship is needed, but it would be nice to have a less moderated alternative and be able to share some files / packs / configs. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to be clear, I wasn't saying they were similar, just that the description made a connection in my mind for some reason.  Also, it is sometimes difficult to tell how people will behave under the veil of anonymity, which is why the Internet is a more stupid version of the rest of the world.  Just like all those times you hear "oh, that person would never do something like that, I know them, and they are not like that" yet they regularly do whatever it is.  People don't tend to share everything about themselves.  

After you get a few "friends of friends" deep you end up with people like me, and I would probably invite anyone that wanted in.

My pandora is working hard... ;)

In this screenshot, 3 putty on the same 1Ghz Pandora (on the same 3 screens windows computer).

From left to right: Compiling ffmepg for PPSSPP, Packaging (for the 3rd time) Lazarus, Compiling Cataclysm-DDA.

pandora_working.png

Not sure if it's of any use, but there's a new browser out there that aims to be a recreation of Opera 12 in the end:

http://otter-browser.org/

Needs QT5, but apart from that, it should be a straightforward compile.

Not sure if it's of any use, but there's a new browser out there that aims to be a recreation of Opera 12 in the end:

http://otter-browser.org/

Needs QT5, but apart from that, it should be a straightforward compile.
While fixing the mess I have done with Lazarus (never remove .o, there are needed in the pnd!), and finding out cataclym segfault for now, I have made a compile of otter-browser.

It works (without Flash)... I'll try to package later..

otter1.png

otter2.png

Oh man, can't wait to try that out as I am a big fan of Opera 12 and still use it a lot.

If QT is that easy to do now, would it be easy to get Kate running? I was going to look into doing it myself but I have so little free time. Some would argue there are better text editors than Kate, but I like to use it when I am writing my rough drafts because it highlights duplicates of words as you write, which lets me know if I am using any particular word too often or too near each other.

Now that I think about it, Okular, Kid3, and K3b would be sweet too. I really want to get into porting things over, I just need to get all the documentation and How-Tos together so I will be ready when I can find a little free time... maybe on my Christmas vacation.

Isn't the speed mostly determined by the engine? Which seems to be webkit in this case. AFAICT the project is more about an opera like UI instead of a new browser engine.

Isn't the speed mostly determined by the engine? Which seems to be webkit in this case. AFAICT the project is more about an opera like UI instead of a new browser engine.
I agree. It's basically webkit (but there are not that many web browser engine nowadays).

Well, yes and no. Rendering the website is done by webkit, but if the UI on top is simpler and more optimized, it could give a speed increase as well. No idea how much though, but if it's an easy compile, why not try :)

Any chance for a build of the recent version of EasyRPG?

The maintainer of the 0.0.1.1 port didn't update it over several releases. And while he has a somewhat recent repo upload from September, he doesn't seem to be interested in keeping his port updated. Not sure if he's even active on the boards here.

Maybe we need this not more soon.

My Testings with the Exagear Emulator are Promising.

Can play actualy all RPGMakrt2000 Games over Wine,but not smoothly yet.

(tested Lufia Iduras Revenge actualy,maybe Vampires Dawn soon ) ;)

Will work on it.

When Exagear can Emulate with Wine Diablo2 smoothly should RPGMakerGames work too with the right Settings. ;)

Yeah, only Exagear is not free...
If it continues to look like something that will be very useful to me I will probably buy it, especially if there is a lot of (community) support on Pandora and Pyra.

Edit:  oops, sorry for being off topic.  I thought this was the exagear thread.

Yeah, only Exagear is not free...
If it continues to look like something that will be very useful to me I will probably buy it, especially if there is a lot of (community) support on Pandora and Pyra.

Edit:  oops, sorry for being off topic.  I thought this was the exagear thread.
It's $15 USD I spend more than that on coffee each week.

- I have a problem.

Back