Port Requests

Hi all :)

Something to keep an eye on (not yet cross-platform): XL Engine.

Could make games like Daggerfall, Dark Forces, Blood and Outlaws playable on the Pandora.

EDIT: also of interest, OpenDF, an open source engine for Daggerfall (available for free here) !

Cheers, Magic Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all :)

Remember the 2004 3D RTS game "Tribal Trouble" ?

1865.jpg

Well, it has been open sourced last year !

Cheers, Magic Sam

Hello! I will get my Pandora (hopefully soon...) and here are my port requests.

1- Unity3d (and the UnityScript editor)

2- VisualBasic

3- And, can I ask the possibility of running Terraria on Pandora again? (Is there a work on it?)

And a nooby question : Can we use apt-get (and of course, the debian repositry) on the SuperZaxxon? 

@Alpibrine28
1 - Not likely unless the Unity group ports this themselves.
2 - Can use the Mono PND for running Visual Basic code.
3 - It theoretically should work since it uses mono, but there may be some x86 specific garbage getting in the way. 

Lastly for the newb question, it already has a package manager similar to apt-get ( opkg )...  Even if you could connect to the debian repository there is only like 100MBs free on the internal NAND memory that the OS resides on, so it wouldn't be useful. There are several methods of running debian on the Pandora off a SD card.

@Alpibrine28

1 - Not likely unless the Unity group ports this themselves.

2 - Can use the Mono PND for running Visual Basic code.

3 - It theoretically should work since it uses mono, but there may be some x86 specific garbage getting in the way. 

Lastly for the newb question, it already has a package manager similar to apt-get ( opkg )...  Even if you could connect to the debian repository there is only like 100MBs free on the internal NAND memory that the OS resides on, so it wouldn't be useful. There are several methods of running debian on the Pandora off a SD card.
Thanks!

Request for updating existing port: GNOME GAMES does not work anymore with the newest Firmware. Reason is the lack of Samba, which Gnome Games does need somehow. I wrote an PM to the maintainer sebt3 but he seems to have vanished. I could re-install Samba but I like the free space on NAND and I thought it may be a good idea to overhaul gnome games anyways due the compilation was a little bit messy (each game of the compilation made an entry in the start menus). Some of the games also never worked correctly by the way. To be honest, I actualy only need Freecell and maybe Majong from that compilation.  :D

Ah, you are alive, nice. :)  Well, if you found time then you may check that issue, maybe another maintainer can take over if you are to busy. But take your time, I'm not in a hurry or so. ^^

EDIT: Nevermind... Same questions...

Sorry but is it possible to run PPSSPP on non-buffered rendering? (I just got my Pandy :D )

Sorry but is it possible to run PPSSPP on non-buffered rendering? (I just got my Pandy :D )
buffered? My guess what you are talking about is that PSP emulation is a bit too demanding for the Pandora, only a few games really run at a decent speed and most lag a bit.

I mean, it goes to black screen on non-buffered rendering but at least I can hear the sounds (and in black screen, emulation is perfect except the graphics but maybe I am wrong)

Back