Port Requests

ptitSeb: The source code headers say it's GPLv3, is there something you're linking it against that ISN'T GPLv3 compatible? Are you using it in something else that isn't GPLv3? I do wonder if that implies that SDL itself would need to be GPLv3 or GPLv2 WITH the statement v2 OR any LATER VERSION (some versions of GPLv2 clearly state they can only be linked against other v2). Which SDL does Pandora have on it anyways? I do believe it is 1.X of some form, not SDL v2 (which is zlib license), so that shouldn't be an issue as SDL 1.x is still LGPLv2.1 which means it's ok to link to?

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#AllCompatibility might help you determine what you're allowed to do...

P.S. Licenses, Patents and trademarks all seem to just be stupid imo, sure it's nice to say "If you take my open source, free work please do the same" or "I figured out the best way to do this, don't you wanna ensure that I can put food in my belly?" but the way all these licenses handle it is just ass... Not unlike politics tbh, it's not a good system but it is the system we have so people are inclined to use it and trust in it. And don't get me started on "Facebook has copyright on any picture you upload to it" bullshit, the Louvre doesn't have copyright on the Mona Lisa... Leonardo wouldn't even have Copyright due to his death + 70 years passing (according to French laws).

Humans insist on sabotaging their own progress by "Pulling the wool" over others eyes for their own gain, nothing will ever change that though, just like nothing will change the fact that certain people and groups can never be allowed access to certain things and knowledge due to their inability to use it properly and not against one another.

P.P.S. Sorry to go on a rant, now if you'll excuse me I need to go draw some lines in the sand and kill other people because of them...

ptitSeb: The source code headers say it's GPLv3, is there something you're linking it against that ISN'T GPLv3 compatible? Are you using it in something else that isn't GPLv3? I do wonder if that implies that SDL itself would need to be GPLv3 or GPLv2 WITH the statement v2 OR any LATER VERSION (some versions of GPLv2 clearly state they can only be linked against other v2). Which SDL does Pandora have on it anyways? I do believe it is 1.X of some form, not SDL v2 (which is zlib license), so that shouldn't be an issue as SDL 1.x is still LGPLv2.1 which means it's ok to link to?

It's not about GPLv3. It's about possibly copyrighted material. The game works with png sprites, mp3 music, wav sound, etc... that came straight from the original game. This is what is bothering me. Not the engine itself.

Hardfloat ArmV7a?

Search Bodhi Linux for Pandora..it is in Hardfloat :)

Bad bad working Weekend for me.

We have Inventur this Weekend (i dont know the english Word for it)

Bodhi Linux for the Pandora is Armv7a Hardfloat :)

ptitSeb: Oh, they embedded the data INTO the source? I would've assumed that it would be a separate data package... then we could just download the data folder from GIT separately and put in appdata folder, but if it's a little more complicated than that I understand where you're coming from...

ptitSeb: Oh, they embedded the data INTO the source? I would've assumed that it would be a separate data package... then we could just download the data folder from GIT separately and put in appdata folder, but if it's a little more complicated than that I understand where you're coming from...

Data is not just folder from the game. It's transformed data. so grabbing from the git? Mmmm, I can probably try to do that.

@PitSeb: Any chance of a soft-float compilation then? Not expecting a miracle or anything though. 

@ingoreis: Ah, noted. Might give it a look see then.

@PitSeb: Any chance of a soft-float compilation then? Not expecting a miracle or anything though. 

@ingoreis: Ah, noted. Might give it a look see then.

I already tried, but now that I have a better cross-compiling environnement, I have to retry...

Hi again,

OpenNotrium

Open source version of Notrium.
Notrium is a top-down survival game originally developed by Ville Mönkkönen.
You have crash-landed on planet Notrium. Your food supplies are running low, a pack of predatory aliens have got your scent. There are no more bullets for your pistol, your only weapon a handful of rocks. The night is coming, and you are desperately looking for wood to make a fire. Notrium is a game of survival. Originally released in 2003.
Notrium's webpage

Cheers, Magic Sam

Hi again,

OpenNotrium

Open source version of Notrium.
Notrium is a top-down survival game originally developed by Ville Mönkkönen.
You have crash-landed on planet Notrium. Your food supplies are running low, a pack of predatory aliens have got your scent. There are no more bullets for your pistol, your only weapon a handful of rocks. The night is coming, and you are desperately looking for wood to make a fire. Notrium is a game of survival. Originally released in 2003.
Notrium's webpage

Cheers, Magic Sam

Do you know, if he made the game OpenSource himself? It's linked on his site, so I wonder.
I've finished Notrium 10 years ago several times and it's really awesome and I've recommended it for ages now.

I have OpenNotrium compiled and running.
But it use many glCopyTexImage2D that is emulated using FBO & glReadPixels. So it's very slow (and blinking). I have to converts those effect to use just FBO, and hope it will work with good speed (especialy on the CC :(  ).

preview2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an odd port request.  No real point to it other than grin factor.  Would be particularly cool if we could run it on both the Pandora and the Pyra dev board.

http://linux-bench.com/

Back