Port Requests

Port requests?

Ok then.. I would love some love showed to Beebem.. It plays stuff but just needs some polish :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

While working on my projects, I now try to use PVR Tools to get more insights on the bottleneck I have.

On SpeedDreams, in fact, the bottleneck seems to be CPU? The reading are a bit strange, as most of the CPU seems lost somewhere in the Kernel.

Here are some screenshot (desktop & pandora) to have some intel (beware, desktop screenshot is quite large)

Anyone as some ideas?

speed-dream-perf.png

speeddreams.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried to run it without Sound or another SGX for more Speed on the GHZ Model?

^_^

Sometimes a faster USB Stick or HardDrive give more Speed too.

MiniMenu gives little more CPU Power too or maybe you can run it without any X System in Backround?

Like Notaz Gingerbread PND:

-start the PND

-end XFCE

-start the Game to use most Power what Pandora give

-end Game

-automatic restart XFCE ;)

Maybe an automatic Syyspeed Setting on the GHZ to 450 and 1200MHZ on the GHZ Pandora?

Attachments

• libsteam.tar.gz
    77 KB · Views: 158
Can someone port this? http://code.google.com/p/pidgin-opensteamworks/source/checkout

It will allow Steam chat to be used in Pidgin. My computer is broken so I can't chat with my Steam friends now.

I tried to port it, but it complains that the packages 'purple' and 'nss' are missing.
Here it is.

Is that what you needed? I didn't tried with pidgin, no clue if it work of if some dependencies are not satisfied.
Pidgin doesn't detect it, I think it was built with a different version of Pidgin. The version for Pandora is 2.10.7. Let me do some more checking.

EDIT: I'll try to build it myself, and see what's what. Perhaps someone should port the latest Pidgin, 2.10.9? The issue could also be that libsteam.so can't find purple. It would be in /mnt/utmp/pidgin/lib/

I've noticed there's no Twitter client. TTYtter is very nice, if used with it's custom ReadLine module. Been trying for hours to port it, but I can't get it to work.

ptitSeb, does the profiler differentiate between a thread being awake and a sleep? If threads are waiting for the GPU they can just be sleeping, so if the profiler is counting that as 'active' time, it'll appear as kernel activity (probably). Can't really see from your screenshot what is going on with the profiler (as in the details about the entries from top etc.)

ptitSeb, does the profiler differentiate between a thread being awake and a sleep? If threads are waiting for the GPU they can just be sleeping, so if the profiler is counting that as 'active' time, it'll appear as kernel activity (probably). Can't really see from your screenshot what is going on with the profiler (as in the details about the entries from top etc.)
I'm not sure. And I have noticed the forum downscale the picture. I may upload the picture elsewhere if you want.

Hi, this is domination a risk like game http://domination.sourceforge.net/ It's a very good game and we are able to play it online with other people.

I post it here, maybe it's possible to make it run on pandora, if somebody is interested to try to compile it.

Sorry if somebody already ask for it :p

Well, it's been a while since I hassled the porting genii about it, so I'm going to mention Darwinia. I don't have a link to the source, but I know it was released.

Come on. You know you want to. :p
I looked at this.

It's there: http://www.introversion.co.uk/store/ (I guess)

But you have to pay to get access. Not really opensource.

Hi, this is domination a risk like game http://domination.sourceforge.net/ It's a very good game and we are able to play it online with other people.

I post it here, maybe it's possible to make it run on pandora, if somebody is interested to try to compile it.

Sorry if somebody already ask for it :p
Should be quite plug'n play, it's a Java app. If no-one does, I can try to package.

Just to keep it on the radar of the porting demi-god

http://enigma-dev.org/docs/Wiki/Install:Linux

just for info

CJ
Ah yes, I forgot to tell you about this one. It's easy to get it running.

Just open a Codeblocks command line, create the env. variable REAL_HOME if needed (for the Java pnd) and follow the installation procedure (like git clone, the python script and java -jar lateralgm.jar) and it will work out of the box.

The lateralgm is bit to big for the Pandora screen of course, but it works with no issue.

Inside, you should be able to use either GLES or OpenGL renderer. But no shader, as it needs OpenGL 3.x to run.

My *only* issue is that I try to compile a few games (I tried like 5 or 6), and none compiled. Always an error somewhere, due to some obsolete call used or some unknown function. It's an issue with Enigma itself, not the Pandora version... I didn't investigate more to have something running.

But if you just want to create something from scratch, it should work flaswlessly.

Here is a snapshot of LateralGM runing on the Pandora, but display on my windows computer (launched from a putty session, using XForwarder), so without the Pandora screen limitation.

lateralgm.png

I have found out 2 things:

First, some program uses a "select" variable for menu state. It seems to be an internal funciton now, so rename it to select_ for it to compile.

Second, the ENigma lib doesn't like "-fsingle-precision-constant" and you will have error during compile, so you should change or overload your CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS before launching lateralgm.

for example with:

Code:
export CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -fno-single-precision-constant"
export CXXFLAGS="$CXXFLAGS -fno-single-precision-constant"

Hi,

Thanks once again for your efforts + sorry for the delay in trying this out.  I tried to follow the instructions/help you provided.  I am having trouble with some bits, namely...

I was not sure how to do this in command line "create the env. variable REAL_HOME" 

I cloned the git site but the python install could not find platform dependent/independent libraries

Not sure how to remedy these issues (sorry for general crapness - I'm not too clued up on command line and compiling)

If there is anyway the software could be package into a pnd I would much appreciate it...if possible.  (would happily chuck some cash your way for your time/effort)

Thanks

CJ

Back