[Ported Game] Duke Nukem 3D - EDuke32

Does not work for me for the single player, non libGL version - it does not launch anymore. The LibGL version is very buggy. The screen is not rendered in the right position, and there is a lack of refresh at the bottom of the screen resulting in garbage on screen. On top of that the indicator of your firing location is missing. 

Oh. I didn't tried non OpenGL version, I have to check.

But the gl version never did that on my side. What version of driver on what Pandora model are you using (I assume a Gigahertz and 4.03.002 but in that case put the pndrun out file please)

yeah I can confirm the non-GL version seems to be broken, not noticing any of the other issues that ekianjo mentioned. using 4.03.002

Still cannot activate models on a cc unit with 1 GB of swap. Crashes after loading textures.

Still cannot activate models on a cc unit with 1 GB of swap. Crashes after loading textures.
That's a bit strange, I used models on a gigahertz and was not expecting different behavour. But I have witnessed different behavour with nprQuake on a CC, so I know it can happens. I will try on a CC (but not before next week).

Haven't played it for a long time, so I just played through the first level in opengl and in software mode. Both worked fine, although some textures are strange in opengl. I prefer the software rendering anyway, if you don't use HRP it looks much better in general (in my opinion). And on the Pandora you can still enjoy the original graphics, it rarely feels too pixelated.

The distorted textures in opengl (blocky) are due to sgx driver issues.

I was playing with the most recent update yesterday.  My saved games wouldn't start, but that isn't much of a problem.  I could only get the OpenGL version to run.  Is there something I need to do on my end?

I used to have the full version of Duke 3D so I need to track it down or buy it again.

No after the most recent update the software executable seems to work for me.

Couldn't figure out where to put the grp files?

Actually its not starting the game at all, I expected some readme, or a new folder in appdata; but there ain't anything.

I also did browse through this topic, I guess something is wrong with my Pandora and it should work? Since it seems obvious for others.

well - lol, it was in the first post.. overlooked the info sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
The grp goes straight into the appdata/duke3d folder.

Edit: As explained in the first post.

If ptitseb didn't change the startupscript, the folder should be created on first start as the standard config is copied.

Is your card write protected?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back