ported Legend of edgar 1.1.5, need help making it write to appdata

___

Advanced Member
Hi there! Since clonk rage not working made me feel stupid, I decided to have a go at another game. Since 

the legend of edgar had already been ported, but not updated for two years, I took the latest source, built it and packaged it all on my pandora.

Works very well, game is a lot of fun, too. Only problem is the data that the games still saves in the home directory, eventhough in my runscript I did 

export HOME=$(pwd) 

Anyway: here it is!

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=edgar-1.1.5

EDIT: Updated!!!!!

-fix: now does not write to NAND anymore!

-fix: Default config for Pandora also working. Game starts fullscreen and the buttons are preconfigured for Pandora.

Default Pandora Button Config:

DPAD: Move edgar

A: Attack

B: Block

X: Jump

Y: Interact

R: Next Item

L: Previous Item

Q: Use Item

Start: Pause/Gamemenu

Select: Inventory

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there! Since clonk rage not working made me feel stupid, I decided to have a go at another game. Since 

the legend of edgar had already been ported, but not updated for two years, I took the latest source, built it and packaged it all on my pandora.

Works very well, game is a lot of fun, too. Only problem is the data that the games still saves in the home directory, eventhough in my runscript I did 

export HOME=$(pwd) 

Anyway: here it is!

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=edgar
Try

export XDG_DATA_HOME=$(pwd)

maybe?

So thats the second one of this game now.

Edit: But a newer version is always nice :)

Yeah I wanted to practise packaging pnds and build a program with all bells and whistles. When I saw how old the port by eyecreate was, I figured I might as well release mine.

@ptitSeb: Yeah I did that and had a look at what eyecreate is doing in his older port. His run script is doing almost the same as mine but cleaner. I copied it and changed the paths accordingly. Still it was writing to NAND. Had a look at the code and the program gets the user home dir from passw pw_dir! Changed it to getenv "HOME" and voila! Works like it should!

So now there is a release build on the repo that should not write to NAND anymore! Happy testing!

@ptitSeb: Yeah I did that and had a look at what eyecreate is doing in his older port. His run script is doing almost the same as mine but cleaner. I copied it and changed the paths accordingly. Still it was writing to NAND. Had a look at the code and the program gets the user home dir from passw pw_dir! Changed it to getenv "HOME" and voila! Works like it should!
Ah yes, that passw function to get the Home folder is baaaad. I happens, from time to time (like for me GNUstep for oolite lately ;) )

This one was easy enough for me to figure out by myself though ^^. That clonk rage thing is a whole different story... anyway this makes me feel good :D

Next time I'd ask the guy who released a pnd prior to me though if they'd want to update their upload with my changes.

Back