Possible To Play Downloaded Music On Ipod Nano?

gary.mckeown

Website
Visit site
all i want to know before i got out and buy a iPod Nano is if i'd be able to download music from a p2p network and play it on the iPod Nano?

cheers

Gaz.

Well, you can. But as a bloke who makes music for a living you are asking the wrong person, you bastard pirate you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lubidog posted on Sep 15 2005 at 07:24 PM said:
Well, you can. But as a bloke who makes music for a living you are asking the wrong person, you bastard pirate you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope that was sarcasm. P2P isn't always bad news for the music industry.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was trying to be sarcasm....

P2P is only bad if you download an album instead of buying it. As a way of trying stuff out, the it's okay.

But what about borrowing a cd from a library? That's just as bad!

So, anyone who never buys a cd, and has an ipod full of pirate tracks is bad! In fact it's theft. But if you buy a lot of CDs, but support a healthy music buying habit with trying out stuff from an actual library or a P2P network...

Anyway, buying albums from I-tunes is jst as easy, faster and you can hear a good chunk of the songs first. I'm kinda addicted to it.

Anyway, buying albums from I-tunes is jst as easy, faster and you can hear a good chunk of the songs first. I'm kinda addicted to it.
Yeah but it is a bit expensive. I would do it if they gave you original CD's for albums that you buy.

Is there anyplace that allows you to listen to whatever songs you like streamed?
I don't mean the radio, as I want to be able to choose what I listen to.
Is there such a free service? I would not mind if it only let me listen to shortish clips, but I would like it to be quite high quality.
I tried a trial of napster, and you could do this, but just wondered if there was a less clunky way of doing this.
I really love allmusic.com, which allows me to do this, but the samples are far too low quality (they never sound like the actual song), and it is quite a slow and cumbersome way of listening to songs....

I tend to download anything and everything, but if I find a band that I really like then I will buy their album(s). If the band is a major label band then I buy their CD secondhand, as I do not agree with the Big Labels business practices.
I probably will have to stop using P2P completely when I go to University, as it sounds like they are very strict about it. So I will have to spend all money on other crap like concerts, bars, and PC Parts.

Hanz™ posted on Sep 15 2005 at 08:23 PM said:
Yeah but it is a bit expensive. I would do it if they gave you original CD's for albums that you buy.

Is there anyplace that allows you to listen to whatever songs you like streamed?
I don't mean the radio, as I want to be able to choose what I listen to.
Is there such a free service? I would not mind if it only let me listen to shortish clips, but I would like it to be quite high quality.
I tried a trial of napster, and you could do this, but just wondered if there was a less clunky way of doing this.
I really love allmusic.com, which allows me to do this, but the samples are far too low quality (they never sound like the actual song), and it is quite a slow and cumbersome way of listening to songs....

I tend to download anything and everything, but if I find a band that I really like then I will buy their album(s). If the band is a major label band then I buy their CD secondhand, as I do not agree with the Big Labels business practices.
I probably will have to stop using P2P completely when I go to University, as it sounds like they are very strict about it. So I will have to spend all money on other crap like concerts, bars, and PC Parts.
Yahoo Launchcast Radio. Got Loads of songs on, and completely legal :) and free

Last edited by a moderator:
Back