Post Your Console Collections! V2.0

jakshep2 said:
RyokoSparda said:
1 Dreamcast (chipped and boxed)
dreamcasts don't need to be chipped, they run games off boot discs. I was never aware you could chip them.

EDIT:

why do people need to know why I have edited my post? I don't get it.

Uhh no, not if you dislike disc-swapping ;)

And I believe some of the older models DCs would need to be chipped.

Last edited by a moderator:
daclassicgamingmaster said:
I have two Dreamcasts. Neither are chipped and neither require swap discs. The swapless patch was figured out a long time ago. You'd have a very hard time finding a DC ISO online that hasn't already been patched with it.

Chip said:
I have two Dreamcasts. Neither are chipped and neither require swap discs. The swapless patch was figured out a long time ago. You'd have a very hard time finding a DC ISO online that hasn't already been patched with it.

I was referring to actual DC discs, not backups.

TwoHeadedBoy said:
Mighty expansive collection you have there, Mr. Ryko (a Zappa fan by any chance?).

Well, I've just took the plunge and paid £199 for a pretty much brand new Lynx II, with a load of boxed accessories and FIFTY unused, boxed games. A good deal that, right? I hope so, not that I care, it's a Lynx!

Dunno what my point is, guess I had to tell someone, as my friends/family just wouldn't understand, really.

It's miss Ryoko as in the demon caller from tenchu moyo, I paid £40 for my lynx 1 many moons ago, with 12 games and an AC adaptor, I know I was mostly paying for the official original AC adaptor, the Lynx 2 I got for free with an official case and about 7 games I think?. my fiance's brother gave it to me along with a Jaguar, I even got his boxed copy of AVP aswell complete with the controller overlays.

Oh and disk swapping is a crime (well it should be) and all consoles should be region free.

Another bloody addition:

An Atari Jaguar with Alien Vs. Predator, Doom, Cannon Fodder, Tempest 2000 and Cybermorph. I was hoping not to win this, as I've suddenly ran out of money, but it's there now so I guess I should enjoy it. Pfft.

1 PSP fat, piano black
1 PSP fat, ceramic white
1 PSP lite, Silver
(2 or 3 PSP's still in parts but these will be sold as soon as I've found time to reassemble them)
1 GBA, ceramic white
1 NDS fat, originally silver/black, now metallic blue
1 NDS lite, white
1 NDS lite, pink, will be white as soon as I've found time for it (pink case is damaged)
1 GP2X F200 with cradle

As you see, all handhelds. I don't like big consoles. Btw. I must still have some proprietary LCD games around, like Tetris/Brick game.

In the far past, I've built my own kind-of-space-invaders game, with LED's and IC's and I guess I still must have it. Does that one count too?

PoisonedV said:
'Hey guys, check out how much money I have!'
'Hey PoisonedV, get the hell out of my thread if you're just going to complain!'

Squirrel: There's a dedicated handheld thread that's more popular than this one. I personally have many more handhelds than consoles, as they're simply cooler in general :D

PoisonedV said:
'Hey PoisonedV, get the hell out of my thread if you're just going to complain!'

Squirrel: There's a dedicated handheld thread that's more popular than this one. I personally have many more handhelds than consoles, as they're simply cooler in general :D

you created the thread, you don't own it ;)

PoisonedV said:

No, its "Hey guys, check out how much money I don't have, because I've already spent it!" xD

Not all consoles necessarily need to be bought new. In fact, most of them (excluding the F200) I bought broken for a small price and repaired for even a smaller price.

Daclassicgamingmaster: You mean a thread on this board? I thought the whole board is all about handheld consoles :D Well anyway, I had no particular intention by listing my consoles, just added them to the thread.

Btw. I agree on handhelds being much cooler. I've never cared much about other consoles. But as soon as they can be emulated on a handheld so you could carry them everywere and play anywhere, anytime, it's caught my full interest!

Not a lot of consoles on my behalf, as I only have the following:-

ZX Spectrum +
Sega MegaDrive
GP2X-F200

I do have an old 386SX 25MHz, 8MB RAM with 1.2GB HDD as my retro DOS games PC. B)

ZX Spectrum 128K
Snes (EU Red)
Snes (US Blue)
Gameboy
N64
Pokemon N64
Playstation (Fat gray box)
PLaystation (Blue Dev console)
Dreamcast
Gamecube (Black)

Then other stuff, but I don't really use these new generation heaters.

Just bought myself an atari 2600 at a local Play N Trade! Paid 25 dollars, no tax and he threw in a bunch of games.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/krisp...on/IMG_0282.jpg

Will post the whole bunch at some point soon.

So go on, share the collections with everyone :)

probably uncalled for, but its late, so ill go for it:
FUCK YEAH GORF :D

purple_goat said:
probably uncalled for, but its late, so ill go for it:
FUCK YEAH GORF :D
Indeed. Oh, and that same Play N Trade closed down! I knew I was always the only customer ;)

Although with a coleco with an atari module, I have no real use for the 2600. I should probably store it for the sake of space (and keeping it clean).

Well, if it's a Master System II that you got, you should already have the best game for it:
Alex Kidd in Miracle World! It's built-in to the main unit.

Also, have a look out for Alien3, Wonder Boy in Monsterland, Master of Darkness, Bram Stoker's Dracula, The Ninja, Aztec Adventure and Laser Ghost (if you can manage to find a Light Phaser). The Sonic games are good, too.

SMS I. I might pick up a II at some point.

Buying a CD-i in a few days. This shop takes trades, so I dumped ALL my shitty 3rd party controllers and a few spare RF switches for a fantastic $58 store credit. It felt great to clear out all that junk and get money for it :D.

The guy is cleaning the CD-i and making sure it's all ready to be sold. I also found a copy of Dragon's Lair at my local Goodwill for...$2.92! Good deal? It's mint! :D

Back