Post Your Dosbox Successes Here

Eniko said:
Yeah, I actually found out that Crusader had a PSX port (oh happy day!). No clue how good (or bad) it was but I'm gonna give that a go when I get my Pandora.

i've played the Sega Saturn version.. it was very disappointing in comparison to the DOS original (one of my all-time favorite games).

Last edited by a moderator:
@Prometheus I have seen the Key mapper but I need the other way round.

I'll try and explain - Trash it supports 4 players but im just using single player. when i goto the options menu to configure controls the keyboard is grayed out for player one but joypad is available, but for some reason keyboard is available for player 2, 3, and 4. god knows why! my problem is I have no way to map my keyboard or pandora controls to the joypad for player one. the mapper is only usefull for mapping Pandora controls to a keyboard not a joypad.

Hope that makes sence.. it's a little strange.

If anyone hasnt noticed the updated dosbox is up main changes are fixed the pnd so saving profiles should work. All data/profiles will be saved in the appdata folder.
Ive also built the latest svn for dosbox.

Clean3d said:
Pickle said:
tried wacky wheels and its very slow
Hm. If Wacky Wheels runs slow, my two requests are definitely out (Terminal Velocity and Tomb Raider). Guess that means I don't have to keep saving them for my Pandora.

:(

VRAndy said:
kuru said:
I'm also curious if X-Wing and/or TIE-Fighter are possible.
Tried X-Wing.

With all the graphics settings set way low it ... runs ..., but the framerate tanks when you're looking at a ship.

This is without fiddling with the settings or overclocking.

:(

It'd be nice to know if you (or anyone) get it working better.

hello
if anyone could make a video of the demo "second reality" by Future Crew, it would ease my pain waiting for my pandora (1600-1700 in the line..)

yep this was post #1 for a loooooooooong time lurker.. ;)

Mac

Excuse my poor english, i'm french :)

man... you just made my night. too bad you can't film that. anyway, thank you very much.

Mac

Clean3d said:
Hm. If Wacky Wheels runs slow, my two requests are definitely out (Terminal Velocity and Tomb Raider).
I would say that anything with texture-mapped 3D is almost certainly never going to be playable (except extremely simple stuff, like Catacomb Abyss). Anything that requires a 486 is almost certainly out as well.

--Zero

If anyone is interested, Startrek the 25th anniversary runs pretty darn well. I have no idea if it's actually full speed, but all the graphics look sweet, the sound and midi music play fine and the mouse / touchscreen is very useable! (I'm a very happy bunny now!)

This is at the standard 500Mhz. How do I tell how many cycles it's using / needs?

Pickle said:
If anyone hasnt noticed the updated dosbox is up main changes are fixed the pnd so saving profiles should work. All data/profiles will be saved in the appdata folder.
Ive also built the latest svn for dosbox.

Thanks for the update Pickle. Just a quick heads-up: the dosbox-0.74.conf which is create by tis pnd in the .dosbox directory doesnt default to full screen. I just deleted it and replaced it with the 0.73.conf and it all appears to be working fine.

cheers!

Prometheus said:
I used the same settings as when I posted before, but this time I clocked my Pandora to 850MHz - it was more-or-less full-speed. If you'll pardon the pun, this makes me a happy bunny. :p

Stop rabbiting on!

I'd really love to play Donkey, but I think it's too recent :(

Eniko said:
Just play the Amiga versions.
I'm totally starting to sense a pattern here.

There's an Amiga version of that pattern - play that one.

nothing to say, really. Just thought this thread could do with a post that didn't feature a bunny pun.

Pleng said:
nothing to say, really. Just thought this thread could do with a post that didn't feature a bunny pun.
Don't worry, none of the puns were very bunny...

...okay I'll stop now.

Back