Release Powder 114

joseluisjazz

Hi! I've compiled Powder, an addictive Roguelike designed for the Gameboy Advance and Nintendo DS.

mCXFl.png

And thanks to a hack we can play it fullscreen at the fullest way possible (640x480). Those are the instructions:
  1. Resize the window to exactly 480px high x 640-800px wide dragging the window's border. (This step is now done automagically by a script via wmctrl!!)
  2. Select options->tiles->'Akoi Meexx 10'
  3. Select options->fullscreen
  4. Play :)

Being able to play it at this size is a delight.

As usually, you can download it from the pandora store

EDIT: The pnd had the wrong title & description. Now I've uploaded it again. Luckily only 2 people downloaded it until I could fix it.

joseluisjazz said:
Being able to play it at this size is a delight.

Thanks for this, a rogue-like with a tutorial (although simple) really helped me. I've tried a few others before, but this one actually seems to be accessable for novices.

CJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! I've been waiting for this ever since I ordered. Thanks!

joseluisjazz said:
[*]Resize the window to exactly 480px high x 640-800px wide dragging the window's border. (This step is now done automagically by a script via wmctrl!!)

Wow - good find!
This could be useful for games which have touchscreen issues in fullscreen mode but work find in windowed mode :D

Last edited:
Damn, I thought this was supposed to be an easier rogue-like but it is just as hard as Crawl. And addictive. :)

Thanks for the port!
This is (IMO) the best rougelike on the DS (and GBA and PSP and PC and and and...).
Have you given the creator the port? He might like to host it (and would almost certainly love to continue to have his new versions ported too).

One question: did you port the DS version or the GBA version? Because the difference is touch-screen support and two extra set-able buttons.

Great, I love Powder. If you want learn a few nice tricks on dungeon survival, there's a rather lengthy but entertaining "let's play" on the youtubes.

You're welcome :)

[
fearofshorts said:
Have you given the creator the port? He might like to host it (and would almost certainly love to continue to have his new versions ported too).
No. But I'll look into that.

One question: did you port the DS version or the GBA version? Because the difference is touch-screen support and two extra set-able buttons.
I just downloaded the normal source code and compiled it for linux. This build has touchscreen support.

Last edited by a moderator:
Earlier today I swam through a pond, got backstabbed by a dragon, set my pants on fire, gargled acid, panicked, blinded myself, fell into a pit and then was sandwiched to death by said dragon and a giant bat.

Back