Power Supply and Wiki status question

DrKlaw

Hello all,

I just got it!!!

Wow.

Just a few questions:

1. I noticed that the power supply that I received does not fit into the power connector. The (male) plug is much too thin. I'm wondering if it normally has an adapter attached that may have been left out of my order? Or, could the wrong supply have been shipped? It states and output of 5.5V/1000 mA. Model:ZQ-900IC. Switching adapter.

2. I assume I can charge with the USB micro adapter, which I presently think I am doing. Does the unit need to be on for charging to work? I think I read that somewhere but I can't find it right now.

3. I noticed that the link to the user wiki on the main site page is not working. Is there a new link or is it down?

Thanks,

DrKlaw

It states and output of 5.5V/1000 mA. Model:ZQ-900IC. Switching adapter.
Do not attempt to use this adapter. I have no idea what it is but it is not the adapter shipped with Pandoras. I assume this was from an Ebay auction then?

2. I assume I can charge with the USB micro adapter, which I presently think I am doing. Does the unit need to be on for charging to work? I think I read that somewhere but I can't find it right now.
You can charge by USB and it does have to be on to charge.

It states and output of 5.5V/1000 mA. Model:ZQ-900IC. Switching adapter.
Do not attempt to use this adapter. I have no idea what it is but it is not the adapter shipped with Pandoras. I assume this was from an Ebay auction then?

You can charge by USB and it does have to be on to charge.

Thanks! No I didn't get it from eBay. I'm an upgraded preorderer, so it came from Craig's shop, I think. Maybe he sent me his cell phone's adapter? ;)

Happy to send it back if you need it, Craig!

How do I go about getting the correct adapter? Just e-mail Jacquelyn, I assume?

Thanks.

EDIT: Just sent her an e-mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. I noticed that the power supply that I received does not fit into the power connector. The (male) plug is much too thin. I'm wondering if it normally has an adapter attached that may have been left out of my order? Or, could the wrong supply have been shipped? It states and output of 5.5V/1000 mA. Model:ZQ-900IC. Switching adapter.
IIRC OP Team sends different power adapters to dofferent regions of the world. I don't have acces to mine ATM so I can't check my model. In general Pandora is compatible with PSP chargers so You could check one if you are looking for fast replacement.

It's actually mini USB. And yes Pandora must be on while charging (it turns on on its own as soon as it's connected to power source). And one more thing - charging from USB is noticeably slower than with the regular adapter.

3. I noticed that the link to the user wiki on the main site page is not working. Is there a new link or is it down?
Does not for me either. Seems like a temporary (I hope) problem.

Hello all,

I just got it!!!

Wow.

Just a few questions:

Thanks,

DrKlaw
A little off-topic, but would you happen to have a spare PSP charger or know a friend who would be willing to give you his/her one to use on Pandora?

I just got mine too as well,

and I have the same problems, the power adapter doesn't fit

I tried charging with a mini USB cable but it didn't do it.. I've found a PSP charger so I'll try now with it

Wiki trouble confirmed.

pandorawiki.org shows -> No input file specified.

So do the article links like pandorawiki.org/FAQ

Looks like you got wrong chargers which is a little bit unbelievable. Maybe that are iCP chargers?

Lets not talk about the worst case, a pandora series with wrong power connectors. It would be nice if you guys could confirm if your psp chargers work - then the pandora itself will be fine.

The pandora did charge with a PSP charger... the battery shows 100%

it is definitely that we got wrong chargers.

I need a mirror or maybe a PDF for important info from the wiki.

Well, i think it's urgent for new pandora owners.

The one and only idea i could offer you is using google/yahoo/your_favorite_searchengine cache function if you need immediate information. Just look at the links on the last line of a search engine hit.

I just received a premium order and my power adaptor does not work either. Same problem as OP - the DC plug on the power adaptor is much too small to fit the DC jack on the pandora.

I am pretty sure I got the correct power supply when my Pandora shipped it lasted for the last 3 months but went down last night. it says in big letters

AC ADAPTOR PSP 1000/2000/3000

Output 5V 1A DC

My PSP 1000 adapter from the US

outputs 5V at but can go as high as 2A. It is charging the unit up just fine. Im going to open my power adapter up and see if i can figuer out with the problem is with it. The thing used to get pretty wicked hot in the past maybe it just finally had enough.

Anyone else seem to have an issue like this?

I'm not too sure that opening it up is a very good idea. :blink:

If you really must do so, please be very careful, but I really don't think it's a good idea...

I'm not too sure that opening it up is a very good idea. :blink:

If you really must do so, please be very careful, but I really don't think it's a good idea...

Im only going to open the rectifier box. I just want to see what is the problem maybe a diode shorted? If it is something easy and cheap to fix then i will. If not into the waste basket of life it goes :p I will be careful! Make sure everything is is on the up and up before i put any power to it.

Back