Prboom, Quake1, Wolf4sdl, Xcom 2, Clonekeenplus Updates.

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
Prboom: changed home directory to current installed directory. So any save should show up where ever the prboom binary is.
Quake1: same change as prboom
Wolf4SDL: add the shared libs, hopefully it will run for everyone now
XCOM 2 Terror from the Deep: M-HT found the fix for the music, so it works now
CloneKeenPlus: 20.06.2009 Version 0.2.9.5 - Not fear away of 0.3 anymore!
- fixed a bit of physics (Celilick)
- fixed a fullscreen bug (Tulip)
- Added new Intro screens
(There also some other changes important to the wiz, like better frame limit, should run better than the previous version, you may want to overclock for a better result)

Hope everything works out for everyone, if not hit up the forums as usual.

Edit: Crazy title is from the CKP author: http://clonekeenplus.sourceforge.net/
It means theres nothing to stop from beginning work on the 0.3 version which will have some big features like episodes 4-6

Just tested Wolf3D and Spear Of Destiny. It plays very well, but console hangs when you try to back to the main WIZ menu.
Regards,

Thanks, good to know its working.
You need to put it in wrapper script, sorry i didnt provide one.
CODE
#!/bin/sh
./mywolfgame.gpe
cd /usr/gp2x/
./gp2xmenu

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply, I'm goint to test it, but I don't know how to change the script.

Also, I've just tested Quake. If I use tyr-quake, it works well. If I change the script from tyr-quake to gpquake it doesn't work at all.

Regards,

Prboom: changed home directory to current installed directory. So any save should show up where ever the prboom binary is.
Quake1: same change as prboom
Wolf4SDL: add the shared libs, hopefully it will run for everyone now
Prboom - doesn't seem to quit back to the Wiz menu.

Quake1 - gpquake doesn't work. cpufreq doesn't work either - the screen sort of flips on its side and goes all garbled. Is that why it was commented out in the .gpe file?

Wolf4SDL - Spear of Destiny seems to work OK for me, but Regular Wolfenstein gives a black screen - I'm thinking my data files might not be 100% great so I'm going to try a different set. EDIT: Got a better set of files and Wolfenstein works great now. :)

Check the scripts.
Quake1 - gpquake doesn't work. cpufreq doesn't work either - the screen sort of flips on its side and goes all garbled. Is that why it was commented out in the .gpe file?
I actually didnt change anything with gpquake, its using libcastor for rendering. I try it out. I commented it cause I didnt include it in the zip this time, I wanted everyone to use the standalone release.

Wolf4SDL - Spear of Destiny seems to work OK for me, but Regular Wolfenstein gives a black screen - I'm thinking my data files might not be 100% great so I'm going to try a different set. EDIT: Got a better set of files and Wolfenstein works great now. :)

It has to be that. Opps didnt notice your edit, thats great

"Wolf4SDL - Spear of Destiny seems to work OK for me, but Regular Wolfenstein gives a black screen - I'm thinking my data files might not be 100% great so I'm going to try a different set. EDIT: Got a better set of files and Wolfenstein works great now."

What´s the difference between the sets? Mine still doesn´t work...

Re: Wolf4SDL

Plays brilliantly, but hangs up on exit.
Where does this have to go? (I'm still learning the basics)

#!/bin/sh
./mywolfgame.gpe
cd /usr/gp2x/
./gp2xmenu

Also, how do you play SOD parts 2 & 3 as the files from all the SOD parts are named the same.
Oh, and is there any way to alter the sound volume?

Cheers

What´s the difference between the sets? Mine still doesn´t work...
The first set I tried was from an archive of the original game files (it originally shipped on a floppy disc!). Since not one of the computers I currently own has a floppy drive I "tricked" winrar into expanding the .dat file containing the game files, since deice kept wanting to look for a floppy disc. I guessed that my "clever" hack didn't really work 100%.
The second set I tried was from a release of Wolf4SDL for Windows that came with a launcher, the game files, and 3 episodes of Spear of Destiny. I used the files from that and it worked fine. I could tell you where I found this, but that'd be against the rules... ;) I note that Steam has Wolfenstein 3D for $4.99 at the moment, and Spear of Destiny for the same price.

Check the scripts.
I'm using the scripts as they were supplied:
#!/bin/sh

./prboom -config prboom.cfg -iwad doom1.wad > prboom.log.txt 2>&1
sync

cd /usr/gp2x/
./gp2xmenu

Looks like it should return to the menu on exit, but doesn't. Screen just goes black. The last part of the prboom.log.txt file looks like this:

CODE
status bar.
G_DoPlayDemo: playing demo with ultimate doom compatibility
P_GetNodesVersion: using normal BSP nodes
I_EndJoystick : closing joystick
I_EndJoystick : closing joystick
I_ShutdownMusic: removing ./prboom-music
I_ShutdownMusic: removing ./prboom-music
I_ShutdownSound:

[39m[49m
[1m[33m[40m [37m [0m[30m[41m##################################################################[1m
[37m[40m [39m[49m
[37m[40m [41m DOOM[33m, a hellish 3-D game by [44mid[41m Software. [37m [33m [37m [40m [39m[49m
[37m[40m [41m [33m################################################################[37m [40m [39m[49m
[37m[40m [41m [0m[30m[41m [1m[33m [37m [33mYOU ARE PLAYING [37mTHE ULTIMATE DOOM. [33m [0m[30m[41m [1m[33m [37m [40m [39m[49m
[37m[40m [41m [0m[30m[41m [1m[37m[40m [39m[49m
[37m[40m [41m [0m[30m[41m [1m[33mIf you haven't paid for [37mDOOM[33m, you are playing illegally. That [37m[40m [39m[49m
[37m[40m [41m [33mmeans you owe us money. Of course, a guy like you probably owes [37m[40m [39m[49m
[37m[40m [41m [0m[30m

I actually didnt change anything with gpquake, its using libcastor for rendering. I try it out. I commented it cause I didnt include it in the zip this time, I wanted everyone to use the standalone release.
I thought I used the standalone release for cpufreq, but I might have used the one that came with ioquake2. I'll re-download the standalone and give it another shot. EDIT: Tried the standalone cpufreq from the archives - it got a little farther. The brown background with the Quake logo came up, with some initialization text, then when it went to start rendering the game, the screen flipped on it's side and garbled - left half black, right half a sort of blurred mess of pixels with the quake logo repeated through it.

I never actually tried gpquake before - I tried it this time because tyrquake was running a tad slow because I couldn't run cpufreq and I thought I'd give it a try. That's when I discovered that it's not working.

Re: Wolf4SDL
Plays brilliantly, but hangs up on exit.
Where does this have to go? (I'm still learning the basics)

#!/bin/sh
./mywolfgame.gpe
cd /usr/gp2x/
./gp2xmenu

You have to make a "wrapper" for the game - a script that launches the game and does some housekeeping to let the Wiz return to the menu. Using a UNIX text file capable editor (I like notepad++ which is a free editor for Windows) create a new file in your Wolf4 folder. I called mine Wolfenstein.gpe. It should read like this:

#!/bin/sh
./Wolf4SDL_WL6.gpe
sync
cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

Then launch THAT file instead of the Wolf4SDL_WL6.gpe file, or if you are using an .ini file to launch the game, point the .ini file at that:

[info]
name="Wolfenstein 3D"
path="/wolf4SDL_wiz/Wolfenstein.gpe"
icon="/wolf4SDL_wiz/Wolf4SDL.png"
Also, how do you play SOD parts 2 & 3 as the files from all the SOD parts are named the same.
You'll have to create separate folders for each mission with duplicate executables.
Oh, and is there any way to alter the sound volume?
The volume buttons work for me. :)

Neil:

This is the solution. If you use notepad++ under Windows, for example, you must convert the test to UNIX format, then save it as GPE, and it will work perfectly. If you are using Linux, it should be ALWAYS working.

Regards,

i got all the wadsfor prboom working exept for twilight.wad why doesnt this one work can anyone shed abit of light on this one hehe get it light twilight.

If you want to heard music:

Download Timidity here

http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_mixer/t...timidity.tar.gz

put the contents of folder timidity in the same directory/folder of DOOM.

Enjoy!
you dont have to do that, just keep one copy of timidity on your sd root. Then just add a timidity.cfg to the prboom folder.
The key is to have this in the cfg file:
dir /mnt/sd/timidity

Update: I put up a test version for gpquake, those having an issue try the package out. Its working for me. I hope its not firmware, im still on 1.0.0.
pickle.gp2x.de/gpquake.zip

Back