Prboom

killerz

Still Fresh
I was just wondering if any one could create a (P)WAD selector for PrBoom because it was talked about before when PrBoom was ported. :D

I'm sure this is already doable with Gmenu2X,but I can't figure out how. There was a post about it in the news thread but I couldn't get it to work.

yeah, its quite anoying having multiple versions of prboom on my 2x

I will stop being so lazy and tell you the secret:

I tried doing what the person who posted it on the gmenu2x thread said. But it didn't work. Instead this is what does work:

Some parts of his post are correct:

1. Create a config file for each iwad (iwad is the actuall doom version not prboom.wad)
Make sure you use the wadfile_2 definition for your iwad and leave prboom.wad as it is

Code:
# Files
wadfile_1				 "prboom.wad"
wadfile_2				 "doom2.wad"
dehfile_1				 ""
dehfile_2				 ""

2. delete the original prboom.cfg
3. I kept all my .wad and .cfg files in the same dir as the .gpe
4. The gmenu2x selector settings:

Code:
title=Doom
description=PrBoom
icon=/mnt/sd/Games/doom/doombs7.png
exec=/mnt/sd/Games/doom/PrBoom.gpe
params=-config [selFile].cfg -iwad [selFile].wad
clock=200
selectordir=/mnt/sd/Games/doom/
selectorfilter=.cfg
selectorscreens=/mnt/sd/Games/doom/png
wrapper=true

The key is the params line

Code:
params=-config [selFile].cfg -iwad [selFile].wad
It tells prboom which config file and which wad file to load with it. I couldn't work out another way to do it and this work.

icon courtesy of reiboul:
doombs7.png

Id say give it a try. You can't break the GP2X by giving the above code a try. You might in fact learn something that will allow you to fix another similar problem later :D

anybody know how hard it would be to add support for the chex quest .wad? or if it's already supported? I tried it the other day but prboom just kept taking me back to the gp2x menu when I tried to launch it

I'm using prboom2.2.6b3 and I just put the CQUESTP1.WAD in the prboom directory and ran prboom.gpe and it just brought me back to the gp2x menu, am I doing anything wrong?

1. You need to make an empty text file and name it "chexquest.gpe" for example.

2. Then open chexquest.gpe with a texteditor and copy and paste this inside:

#!/bin/bash
./prboom -iwad doom.wad -file chexquest.wad
sync

cd /usr/gp2x/
./gp2xmenu

3. The above assumes you've got doom.wad in the same directory, and that your chexquest wad is called "chexquest.wad" and is also in the same directory(you might need to rename your chexquest pwad)

Then you just run "Chexquest.gpe" from the game menu.

Back