Release Predict your GF's period with Periodic Calendar!

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
Here's a new tool in the repo that you did not expect! Periodic Calendar. As the name says, as long as you record some data regarding your (if you are a girl) or your gf's period, the soft will let you know when the next period would be expected to start as well as the fertility timing.

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=pcalendar

Have fun!!

01.png

03.png

In...teresting. Well, that kind of thing is actually quite useful if you're actively trying to concieve, so I guess the pandora can be a tool in the most diverse of circumstances :)

not lol app. already had such an app on my iphone, writing down my GF's days :)

Most people I know just write it down in a planner and/or calendar but I can see this app to be usefull

Well, my girlfriend would like to use it. She has a little computer that does the temperature measuring, but it doesn't create statistics, so she'd like to use this tool to put her temperature in.

However, her temperature is between 35.5°C and 37.0°C, so it's lower than this app allows... any way to change the temperature range?

Well, my girlfriend would like to use it. She has a little computer that does the temperature measuring, but it doesn't create statistics, so she'd like to use this tool to put her temperature in.

However, her temperature is between 35.5°C and 37.0°C, so it's lower than this app allows... any way to change the temperature range?
Hmmm, no way to change in the app itself, I checked again. I will contact the author :)

As a temporary measure I would recommend to adjust the temperature to the range : add + 0.5 to your gf's temperature measured.

What really matters if the variation of temperature (that's how you detect ovulation) not the absolute temperature itself.

guess it's not a problem when you can tolerate accident... will we see a tiny dragon soon?

Yes but I still wouldn't recommend it even if accidents can be tolerated. From the wikipedia article:

It has been suggested that unprotected intercourse in the infertile periods of the menstrual cycle may still result in conceptions, but create embryos incapable of implanting.[25] It has also been suggested that pregnancies resulting from method failures of periodic abstinence methods are at increased risk of miscarriage and birth defects due to aged gametes at the time of conception.[26]

Will we see some little dragons around anytime soon?
Hopefully not, we're trying to use it for the OTHER reason ;)
Be careful, this is not a very reliable contraception technique. See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calendar-based_contraceptive_methods
that's why you use buffers in the software to avoid this kind of issues. You can adjust it in the software, too.

This being said even the pill is not a 100% reliable contraception technique. It's like 99% but unwanted pregnancies are still known to occur.

According to Wikipedia, the reliability of the pill is 99.7% if used correctly, 92% with typical use (in which people sometimes forget to take a pill). The reliability of calender methods is 91 to 95% if used correctly, 88% with typical use.

There is quite a big difference between 0.3% and 5%.

According to Wikipedia, the reliability of the pill is 99.7% if used correctly, 92% with typical use (in which people sometimes forget to take a pill). The reliability of calender methods is 91 to 95% if used correctly, 88% with typical use.

I'm surprised to hear calendar methods are even that successful. I always thought they were used when you were trying to get prengant, not when you were trying to avoid it.

Then you get the 0.3%...

http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-alert-rappel-avis/hc-sc/2013/26663r-eng.php

I use Excel.  Started using it with my ex over a decade ago to predict the evil PMS.  It was accurate down to the day.  We used it to predict which family events she wouldn't attend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back